CHAPTER 38

Chapter 38- like stars, they burn out.

__________
Peeta POV

As if it's all a dream, my mind suddenly registers what is happening.
Like in a movie, everything slides into place.
Like in a book, they suddenly fall in love.
Like in this moment, right now, I want to stay in it forever. Because it's perfect. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

~

  "Hey, it's Katniss," she says down the phone.
   Katniss decided to start making things right so she started planning something secret for Abbie. And I hope she likes it to.
     I can't believe delly broke Abbie and Zayn up. It's just an immature thing to do. And delly is just immature. I mean, we're in university. Why does she still act like we are in freaking high school.
    "Okay see you then. Great... Bye." Katniss hangs up on the phone.
"He is coming," she murmurs as we walk around campus.

"So," I start. "How are we gonna.."
"Blackmail Delly into leaving the school?" She finishes for me and laughs. "I have no clue."

We find a bench and sit down together. She turns to face me before she speaks. "Why can't we just have a simple and easy time here." She frowns.
"Where the fun in easy?" I laugh trying to get her to crack a smile.
"I still don't get why people bully. Why people hate and why people hold a grudge, Peeta." She pauses and frowns again and gets lost in her thoughts.
"Well maybe they have their reasons to hold a grudge," I say remember some circumstances in my life.
"But it's unfair." Katniss gets up slightly annoyed now.
"I get it. Katniss." I imply trying to calm her down.
"Well it's not like I can walk up and just fix it. Ugh!" Her fingers find her hair and she starts tugging at it in frustration.
"Katniss.."
"You know the more I think about it, the more pissed I get."
"Well know your being a hypocrite," I say getting annoyed at her.
"How?"
I sigh before I say what I have to. "Because your talking about "Not holding a grudge" and if you are getting mad right now about someone holding a grudge against you then..." 
"Then I am just holding a grudge against them," she finishes and sighs. "Okay I'm sorry." She starts to pick all her stuff up in a rush. "There are some people I need to see."
And with that she is off.

~

"Finnick?"
"Peeta, sup," Finnick nods his head while looking on his phones.
"Sup?" I question him as he has never said that before.
"Yeah. That's what the cool kids say INIT?" I laugh at his weirdness.
"Yeah I suppose." I reply.
"Init," he says. "I'm so cool."
"Shut up," marvel walks into the room.
"Don't tell me what to do," Finnick starts in a high pitched voice.
"Gosh, you sounds like me." Clove walks into the room as she says this.

ABBIE POV: *A DAY LATER*

Delly paces back and fourth while Sydney sighs over and over.
"I just have a bad feeling," says Sydney. "That's all,"
"No it's more then that, they were here." delly persists.
"Who were?" I dare to ask.
"Who do you think!" Delly snaps and I jump.
"Maybe you should just give up then," I retort. She glares at me like she would kill me.

"Maybe it's time to," says Sydney. "You've done enough."
"No," delly sits on the floor next to the fallen lamp.
"You wanted to be their friends but you've just Become the ultimate mean girl," Sydney adds.
"No," repeats delly. "NO."

A phone goes off. At first I think it's mine. But it's not.
"Hello?" Sydney says as she puts her phone to her ear. "Yeah..."
Delly shuffles on the floor uncomfortably, probably running through her future plans and it's making her anxious.
"Be right down," Sydney hangs up on the phone. And delly stands up.
"Abbie," Sydney turns to me. "We've got to go," and with that I move to the door as quickly as I can.
"Wait," delly calls. "Where are you going,"
Sydney sighs in response. "No where that concerns you. Your royal highness." She does a symbolic curtsy to mimic her then slams the door in the face.

I giggle. "She's gonna kill you for that," I murmur.
"She doesn't own me," says Sydney proudly.
"Lucky,"
"She doesn't own you," Sydney starts walking down the corridor.
"She so does."
"Look," Sydney stops walking and turns to me. "No one owns you. No one." 
"Okay fine." I say. "But she controls me,"
"How?" Sydney starts to walk again.
"She made me make Katniss jealous over Peeta. She made Zayn brake up with me."

"Who did?" My head snaps to my left. And there stands Zayn. His gaze holds mine for a while and he looks torn up inside. What has happened to him?
But theres a bigger question running through my head. One that burns and demands to be answers. And so I ask, "what are you doing here?"
He gives a small smile in response. "I came here," he stars and runs towards me. He embraces me in a hug. "I came here for you," he whispers.

CLOVE POV:

Its so frustrating, how Katniss left then came back and forgave us all. I feel like I should be punished. But no. All Katniss does it try to make she feel better. And as if to prove my point she sits down next to me on the sofa and a smiles.
"Cheer up," she says and I give a weak smile in return.
"I'm.." I begin.
"No I'm sorry." And I'm shocked by what she says. Why is she sorry. "Maybe I overreacted or asked to much. Or just self pitted myself to much. But I've had this feeling." She stops to make sure I'm following what she says. "This felling in the pit of my stomach and it won't go away." I smile a little. "And it's like I need everyone to forgive me. Or I don't know, do something until I can be okay again."
I have no idea how to respond to this so I just hug her. I hear her sigh in relief.
"I thought you would slap me,' she laughs.
"Why?" I giggle.
"Just my imagination," she replies and when we break the hug we both have tears in our eyes.

"Cheer up," she says again then glances behind me.
"Aha," she says. "Your boyfriends here to cheer you up," I smile brightly and turn around. Cato appears and drops his bag on the floor and runs over to me. I get up and hug him.
"Are you..?" He begins.
"I'm okay," I whisper. And I hear him sigh.

KATNISS POV:

Awe. They are so goals.
   Anyway I walk into the corridor and find two people kissing. What is it which people being in relationship in this school. I laugh at my thoughts. I swear everything happened in this corridor as well.
The two people kissing brake away and I see it Zayn and Abbie. I'm glad they got back together.
"Zayn," I say and nod.
"Katniss," he smiles in response along with Abbie. And I smile at her to.

~

"What," I question Jake.
"I knew it," he says.
"Knew what?" I question.
"That you knew about me." He replies.
"About what?" I start together frustrated now. "Jake you aren't making any sense,"

Jake. He cracks. Under pressure and that's what he is doing now. But who is pressuring him. His eyes grow wide suddenly and I glance behind me.
This is it.

Delly is standing there.

~

The group is now here, Sydney and Abbie as well. And a couple of other people who I recognise.
This is it. I think again.
"Why do I feel so dramatic?" I whisper to gale. He chuckles slightly.

"This is it?" I say as sort of a question to Peeta.
"Don't be so dramatic." He laughs and gale picks up on this to and starts laughing.

But this is it. Right?
No. My mind screams. NO.

Seriously we are all so dramatic.

___________________________
So that happened. Yeah.

Sorry for not updating in ages I've had school and stuff but there we go. There's a lot of stuff about to go down.

Anyway at least Abbie and Zayn got back together 😊
But unfortunately I think that was the end of Katniss and Jake or Kake as some people like to call them. 😕

Hope you liked it

Yasx