CHAPTER 41

How did it get to 40 chapters?!?!?!?!!!!!
Chapter 41- new things and broken dreams
_________________________
Honestly, did you guys forget about the play?
_________________________
ANNIE POV:

Deep breath. Deep breath.
"Annie! What are you doing? You okay?" Jo runs over to me.
"Yes. Having a panicked attack. And no," I reply putting my head in my hands.

"Awe Annie." A voice sounds from behind me. Glimmer.

"She's stressed out," Jo informs.

"Aha. Boyfriend to the rescue." I look up. But finnick isn't there.
"I'll go get him." Jo mutters. I smile.

Glimmer sits down next to me. "It's okay,"
"No it's not," I snap. "I don't know any of my lines."
"That's not my fault," glimmer retorts clearly taken back by this.
"It's not mine either," I snap again.
"Yes it I-"
"No it's not. Every time I went to learn my lines Sydney stopped me." I interrupt.
"And who's fault is that?" Glimmer asks.
"Not mine."
"It kinda is," glimmer murmurs.
"Really glimmer! You kidding me right now." I get up. She has got to be kidding. Winding me up when I'm already stressed.

"Glimmer! Cato wants you," Katniss calls from around the corner.
"What does he want?" I hear glimmer mutter as she walks out.

When Katniss enters I smile a little. She won't wind me up.
I think.
I hope.
"Hey," she speaks.
"I'm here to help you run lines." And I smile at this.
"BOYFRIEND; IS SIGNED SEALED DELIEVERD AND YOURRRRRS." Jo shouts. I chuckle and jump up to hug him.

"It's okay," he whispers as he wraps his arms around my waist. "You'll learn your lines,"

JO POV:

To be honest I hate my part in the play. Scince delly left I have to take her part. And I have to act like I'm crushing on --
Ugh. No. I refuse to even think about it.

It's bad enough acting it.

I scream sounds from behind me and everyone in the dressing room jumps.
Everyone is stiff and rigid. Who was that?

Tension rises. I can't hear my own heart beat. Fear sends a shiver down my spine as the worst things spring to mind. It's as if I can't breath. Oh wait. I. Can't. Breath.

Annie leaps away from finnick and runs to find the source of the scream.
But Katniss is already out the door.
It's all a blur. I can't focus. Who screamed.

When Katniss gets out of the changing room she collides into Peeta.
"Peeta!" She stutters. "I thought-"
"I know. It's okay. It was just part of the scene." He replies calmly. And then it clicks.

In the show someone has to scream as they are in an argument. Everyone sighs.

"DETENTION!" We all turn around to find the drama teacher hissing at us.
"No talking backstage!"

Dam. I don't like her no more.

~

KATNISS POV:

I was so scarred. I thought it was Peeta who screamed. I thought he was in trouble.
"It was a girl who screamed. Why would you think it was me." He mumbles.

He stops and realises what he just said and laughs. But then the drama teacher walks up to be and pushes him and stage. Time to do act.

When I walk on stage for the first time I have to wear a baggy jumper and shorts. It's okay for now but whenever I start to walk I just get really hot. And the jumper is seriously uncomfortable. And finnick always laughs at me. And Cato always pulls one of the threads on sleeves. So I have a short sleeve and one long.