Chapter 26: no trust

PEETA POV:

I. have. broke. my. nose.

Seriously.

There I blood pouring from my nose. But I get distracted my another punch but it hits me right on the jaw.
"Your a failure." My mum screams as she tells me. "Just die."

I can never actually recall my mum being an actual decent human being. and I never bought it up because I barley saw here. I strongly dislike her now but not enough for her to go behind bars. 

theres not excuse for her behaviour but I always make one. 

 I used to tell my friends about with but just laughed. Not my friends now but the friends I had years ago when I was in primary school. They thought I was lieing. I haven't told anyone about this in the group. No one knows. Sometimes I feel so alone. Even though I have the best girl in the world to call my girlfriend. No one is there.

The whole time I was thinking I didn't realise that I zoned out from the world. My mum is still hitting me and yelling horrible things. I wanna punch her back. But I can't hurt my mum. I just can't.

"Not not real at all, So bloody fake. You worthless child. I never want to see you near your father or brothers or near the house ever again!" She screams. And I just sit there and let all these words sink in. And I don't know why. I'm defenceless. I get a few more punches and then I pass out.

KATNISS POV:

I left prim with my dad so they could have some alone time and I went to tell Peeta the good news.

I go to the boys dorm and they said they haven't seen him. I check my phone to see he has sent out a group message about reply having a pool party and whatever then I see Peeta has tried to call me twice and he a texted me saying he went to the bakery.
Where's the bakery!?
Oh I remember.

I run down the the bakery and open the door to find two people behind the counter lip locking. I clear my throat and they jump apart. It's peetas mum!
"Hello, how may I help you?" The guy says.
"I'm Katniss." I mumbles and Mrs mellarks face changes. She is cheating on MR Mellark!!!

"You may call me Mr smith." The man says. I recognise the surname. I swear I know a girl with that surname. Think Katniss think! Think!
Abbie.
"Your Abbie's father!" I gasp he seems surprised that I sort of knew him but then peetas mum steps in.
"Shut up girl!" She yells. She whispers some things to Mr Smith and he leaves quickly.
"How could you cheat on peetas dad?!" I hiss at her.
"I know your name katniss! Peeta talks about you all the time!" She starts swearing at me calling me very hurtful things and then I glance in the room that's behind her and spot Peeta on the floor. 

"No. " I whisper. I run around the counter and to the door but Mrs Mellark blocks me. I glance at Peeta and he looks like he has past out. There's are bruises all over his face and blood from his lip and nose.
"You did this to him!" I yell at her and slap her. Wow where is all this confidence coming from. I barley know this women! But I think I know her now.
"Your are a bi..."
"I am not! And I can't believe you! You hurt Peeta!" I scream at her. "How could you!"
She slaps me across the check. I push her against the wall.
"Katniss if you tell him or anyone else about what you have just seen." She's talking about her lip locking thing I guess. "I will do worse to Peeta." She threatens. I start to cry. How can she Hurt Peeta? The thought of it just makes me wanna brake down into tears.
"Your lying!" I shout.
"Oh believe me I'm not and I don't think you want to take your chances with me you b..."
"Get out my way!" I yell. She slaps me. I go to slap her back but she spins us around a throws me agains the wall. This woman is strong. She punches me repeatedly in the stomach till I'm winded then she punches me in the lip and I fall the the floor in pain and gasping for air. Mrs Mellark walks away. 

I now understand her she wasn't threatening me. she was more a less promising to hurt Peeta.

When I can breathe ok I run over to Peeta. I shake him and realise he's not waking up. I put my ear to his chest. I can hear a heart beat. He is breathing. That's good.

I see his eyes flicker open and he lies here for a minutes trying to take in everything that's just happened.
He sees me and sits up. 

"Katniss,  what happened? Why are you here?" He seems alarmed and not really caring about himself being hurt. Somehow I start to focus on the pain and my lip feels like it's split and I'm not gonna try to even explain the pain I'm feeling from my left eye.
I am still crying but now I can't stop.
"Peeta." I sob.
"Hey, hey, hey, I'm okay." He says soothingly. He envelopes me in a hug.
"No your not Peeta. Don't lie." I say. He wipes my tears away with is thumb.
Peeta looks at my face again and he looks so angry and upset. He just passed out how is he like this?
"I can't believe my mother." He mumbles. I'm about to tell him about his mum and Abbie's dad but then I remember what she said about hurting peeta. She was right I'm not even gonna take that chance.
"Katniss you shouldn't go near my mother. Don't even speak to her."
"But," I intrupt.
"No buts Katniss I hate seeing you get hurt."
I'm about to protest but he kisses me.

"Peeta.." I begin. "Do you want to talk about it?"
He slightly nods and tells me about his mother.
"She told me to go die. When her words get into my head I find it more and more hard to figure at what she is saying is real or not real." He Says. "She said I wasn't real. What does that mean?"
He looks down but I lift his chin up and he looks deep into my eyes.
"Peeta, you are real okay? Your the most real thing in my life right now. Don't you ever believe what your mum tells you. She doesn't have a heart Peeta." I study his face for a few seconds while he is taking on what I just said. He jaw is slightly bleeding and there is dry blood on his face from his nose there's is already a huge bruise forming on his nose.

I think, His nose is broken.
"Katniss, I love you." I look up at him. He loves me? He love me!!
"You love me, real or not real?" "Real. Peeta I love you so much." Peetas smile grows so wide and then I smile too.
And then we share a passionate kiss.

FINNICK POV:

I got that text from Annie and honestly I don't know what to think.
I'm hurt.......I think. Or am I angry.
Anyway I can't stop thinking about Annie. Anyway look who is walking towards me. Delly, Abbie and another girl that I don't know.
"Well, well, we'll look who it is. Odair is all alone." Delly laughs.
"Leave me alone Delly." I hesitate. "Who is this? She new?"
I point to the girl I haven't seen before.
"Yes she's new. And she has a name. Sydney here is a new student at mockingjay high she is replacing Gale but not staying in the boys dorm of course." Delly laughs.
"Wait what about gale?" I question.
"Katniss and peeta didn't tell you?" Delly sighs. "Oh dear." She says mischievously. "What an absolute shame. He left Finnick, love, it all just got too tough for him. But he's coming back."
Delly goes to turn around.
"Wait! How do you know all this stuff and I don't know anything? Have you spoken to him? Delly?"

She looks at me and laughs as if a made a funny speech. She smiles then turns to Sydney.
"You know what to do." She winks and her and Abbie walks off.
I turn around but Sydney says something surprising.
"You love her don't you." She says.
"Who Delly? No." I start walking off but she catches up with me.
"Not Delly...Annie."
I stop and look at her.
"I have to do this I'm sorry Delly wanted me to." Sydney kisses me.

Of course I push her away. I'm so angry. Why the hell is she kissing me. I hate Sydney. And Delly. And Abbie.
"Sydney what the hell." And I start off walking again.
"Look you don't get it. Delly got me into this school and if I want to stay in this school I've got to do everything she says I had to do that. No go check on Annie. Let her do the talking. Not you. Now I'm sorry but Delly wanted me to kiss you twice." She leans in but I push her away.
"I have no idea why I am not punching you right now. If you follow Delly around I should hate you! Do you know who Delly even is!?"
Sydney looks ashamed.
"Yes I do. She is my stupid stepsister who gets everything." She pauses. "And leaves me with nothing but her hate."

I carry on walking.
"Finnick." Sydney says. "I don't want Delly to control me. so understand me before you judge."

"I have no idea why I believe you but I do. And you know what?" she turns and stares. "I shouldn't"

And then I set off to go find Annie.