Everyone bombarded him with questions.

Manik : Mukti relax. Mei thik hu. And I think mere phone ki battery dead hogayi hogi. And I was just..

Before he could speak further, Mukti spoke.

Mukti : Manik yaar tujhe idea bhi hai hum sab kitna darr gaye the? At least tu ek baar hume inform kar sakta tha. Agar tujhe kuch ho jaata toh? Nandini already life aur death ke beech jhul rahi hai. Aur tu bhi gayab hogaya. Manik, mei Abhimanyu ko already kho chuki hu. Ab kisi aur ko nahi kho sakti hu. 

Saying that, Mukti fell to her knees and broke down. She had tried to be strong for the longest period of time but she couldn't hold herself together anymore. Manik's heart pricked at her sight. He immediately knelt down and hugged her close to his chest. Everyone rushed towards them. At that moment, he wanted to scream and tell Mukti that she hadn't lost Abhimanyu. That Abhimanyu was alive. That she was his reason to live. But he couldn't. It wasn't his place to tell her. Especially, after Abhimanyu requested him not to. The others watched Mukti in plain surprise. They had never seen her look so defeated and shattered. Until then, they hadn't even realized what Abhimanyu meant to her. And seeing her cry her heart out because she thinks she's lost him, made them discern the extent of love Mukti's heart held for Abhimanyu. 

Manik : Mukti, bas. Mei thik hu Mukti. Aur maine tujhse kaha hai na, mei Nandini ko kuch nahi hone dunga. Please, rona bandh kar Mukti. You're not losing anyone. I promise.

Mukti tightened her grip around Manik and continued to weep. There was no end to her tears today. She wanted to let all her pain out. Manik held her until she calmed down. When she broke apart, Manik wiped off her tears stains and made her stand. Everyone walked towards the couch along with them. He made her sit on the couch and sat on his hunches in front of her. He looked at her with an expression of determination on his face.

Manik : Mukti, Nandini ko kuch nahi hoga. I promise. Mei usse kuch nahi hone dunga. You won't have to lose anyone, okay? 

A small smile spread across Mukti's face and she nodded. Manik smiled a little too. He got up. 

Manik : Now go and take some rest. It's been a really long day. 

He signalled Alya and Navya to take Mukti to a room. They went towards Mukti and took her upstairs. Manik was looking at Mukti until she disappeared out of his sight. He turned towards the others. 

Manik : Guys, y'all also go and rest. I'll also…

Manik stopped mid sentence. That's when he realized that Nandini wasn't present in the hall the entire time. "Shit. How did I miss it? Kahi usse kuch.. No, no, no.. Usse kuch nahi hua hoga. Kuch bhi mat soch Manik", he debated internally. As if sensing his inner turmoil, Cabir spoke.

Cabir : Nandini uss kamre mei hai.

He pointed towards Nandini's room. Manik's eyes followed Cabir's finger for a brief second and he looked back at him. Cabir narrated everything that had happened after Manik left. Manik listened intently. He was grateful for being blessed with such amazing friends.

Manik : Thank you, mere absence mei Nandini ka itna khyaal rakhne ke liye. I don't know agar..

Aryamann cut him off.

Aryamann : Shut up Manik. Nandini hamari bhi dost hai. Aur hume bhi uska khyaal rakhne ka haq hai. She needs us and anything for her.   

Manik smiled. 

Aryamann : Ab jaa. It's been a really tough day for all of us. You also need rest. We'll also go and rest.

Manik nodded and they all went to their respective rooms.