Play Me Pt. 3 [Sharie]

"Did I... Did I do something wrong?"

Crap.

"No, you didn't." I assured her. "I just..." I sighed. "have a... situation."

"Situation?"

"Yeah."

She looks at me for a few seconds, propped up on her elbows. I try not to focus on the fact that I am still situated between her legs. But of course, as soon as I have the thought, I can't think of anything but the fact that I was between her legs.

God, those legs.

Carefully keeping my eyes on her face, I lean back a little. Just enough for her to notice. She did, and sat up, folding her legs. A light blush colored her cheeks.

"I don't know what you mean." She says, no longer looking at me. On the contrary, she's scanning the room, trying to find her shirt and underwear. I can see her panties, dangling from my headboard. I'm not about to tell her that, of course.

She stands anyway, swinging her feet off the bed and making for the door.

"Where are you going?" I blurt before I can stop myself. I turn around, grabbing the blanket I had tossed onto the floor in my earlier haste, and lay it in my lap. I hope it covers me. I sit with my back to my bed, so I'm looking up at her for a change. The words sound wrong and slightly creepy as I say them. The tension in the room is thick, and I'm not even sure what kind of tension it is. But as she looks at me, it edges towards awkward.

"My room." She holds my gaze. I try to hold hers. Although she's naked.

I sigh. "Marie-"

"I told you." she says shaking her head. "I told you that if we did this-" she gestured to my messy bed, and her naked body- "things would get all awkward."

"Things aren't-"

"You can barely look at me!"

I look at her. "I-" I stop. My eyes fall to the ground again. It's the safest place for them.

She scoffs. "Exactly."

"Look, Marie, I'm not acting awkward because I'm embarrassed. On the contrary, I'm pretty fucking smug." I know it may be too soon to start joking about what just happened, but the crack has the desired effect and she blushes a little. "But..." I sigh. "Jesus, Marie, I just watched you have an orgasm. I saw you naked. I heard you moaning. And that... stuff... has an effect on a guy, you know?" I try to just spit it all out without pausing, and I try not to notice the way her expression goes from anger to shock as I speak.

There's a silence.

She breaks it.

"Oh."

That's it. Just "oh".

Oh.

Gah.

"Yeah," I manage to say in response. I can see that she's having a hard time keeping her eyes off of the Transformers blanket I have layed in my lap. I know that she's thinking about what behind it it, and it makes me twitch.

The tension in the room shifts from awkward to... well, something else.

I stand. The blanket falls. She gasps. I try to control my ego. I fail. I smirk. She blushes.

All this in the space of two seconds.

We've barely said anything, but things are different now. She knows what I want, and I'm pretty sure I know what she wants. There are only two options, really. Option A, she wants to run from the room and not stop running until she gets to the Dorm Adviser's office, and request a new roommate. Option B, she wanted the same thing I did.