The Photo Shoot [Raura]

By Llmav

What was she doing?

What the fuck was she doing?

Why why why had she agreed to this?

She tapped her hand against the car steering wheel as she continued to fly down the highway.

Ah, fine, she knew why. She just didn't really want to admit it.

Because it was stupid.

She was stupid.

What was wrong with her?

Did she have some sort of self-torture fetish or something?

Probably. Or maybe, perhaps and most likely it was just a him fetish.

That was worse, though, because that was almost an illness, clearly incurable, and undoubtedly chronic, as she had suffered from it for years and it didn't seem like it was getting any better. At all.

And it was slowly killing her, although maybe not literally.

Whatever.

So yeah, she kind of knew why she had accepted to partake in the weekend long photo shoot that she was currently and nervously heading towards.

Her agent had called her, not just twice but three freaking times to confirm, as if she wasn't completely sure whether she was serious about it either.

She sighed. Her agent's disbelief wasn't exactly unfounded.

She generally didn't do a lot of modeling, not because there was a lack of offers (in fact, it was quite the opposite), but because it wasn't really her thing. For the past few years, ever since the TV show that had made her famous had ended, she had successfully focused on releasing her own music along with getting her college degree.

She had been doing occasional promotional shoots, sure, a few magazine covers here and there, but never before a full campaign.

And always by herself.

But then this opportunity had popped up, seemingly out of nowhere, messing with her head and making her all sorts of excited and in more ways than one.

Because this one wasn't by herself.

As it was, the internationally known, luxury brand was doing a charity series line, all sales directly benefiting underprivileged children, the slogan of the campaign something about every child having the potential of making it, and they were therefore and appropriately using people who in fact had made it at a young age as the campaign faces.

That's where she, they, came in.

She had hesitated, not because she didn't want to see him again, work with him again, but because she almost desperately did.

It was so dumb.

It clearly wasn't, they clearly weren't, meant to be. They had had years, years, to make it happen, and yet they were still stuck in what seemed to be an endless round of some sort of tiptoe dance, and although he loved dancing, she kind of didn't, and her legs were starting to get a bit sore, and her head a bit tired, and yet she refused to stop dancing because god damn it she didn't know how to.

Sigh.

And to top it all off, the campaign was for a good cause, such as good cause, with all the compensation to be donated to a children charity of their choice and in their names, and as she was enthusiastically involved in various forms of charity work, turning down an opportunity for such a sizable donation should probably be considered close to criminal.