Chapter 31: New Memories

Bắt đầu từ đầu

This was my family.

This was what I opened my eyes for every day.

This was my world.

And I was so lucky.

<<<

Lunch was a massive success. Everyone ate more than I thought possible, I don't know how any of us are going to be able to eat anything tomorrow, Christmas dinner may be put on hold. The atmosphere was booming, the raised spirits due to a certain special day tomorrow.

Luckily the last minute shopping we did too was also a triumph, we were lucky the shops were still open and there was actually food we wanted to buy.

We got back to the cabin super full and sleepy and all crashed out in the sitting room.

"And I was trying to be good today," Leo explained and we all couldn't help but laugh.

"Babe, you did choose the biggest thing on the menu," Arii told him,

"I was hungry,"

"Then don't complain,"

It was 4pm already.

The day had flown by.

"How's the shoulder?" Tayte whispered,

"Surviving," He smiled at my response but I meant it.

We all went off to our own devices for a while. Until Auntie came up and said that the hot tubs were bubbly hot and ready for us to chill out in.

"Don't you dare dive into the hot tub," Angelo warned,

"I wasn't going to," Noah replied innocently, with a wink and a grin. The hot tubs were big enough for 8 people in each of them, so the 'kids' went in one and the 'adults', went in the other. "OMG THIS IS SO WARM AND BUBBLY,"

"Mum, you sure I'm the youngest?" Arii asked, and we all laughed,

"Sometimes I do wonder," She replied,

"Your all just jealous because I'm the bestest,"

"Oh you are something," I told him with a smile.

We bubbled away for an hour until the mention of food was brought up,

"Are you lot seriously hungry?" I exclaimed,

"Lunch was like 7 hours ago, of course," Noah answered.

We all left the hot tubs in search of food, well, I was in search for a drink of some kind, preferably alcoholic. Tayte watched me pull a beer from the fridge,

"I haven't taken any tablets since 11am," I told him,

"And you'd prefer to drink then take anymore,"

"Who said I was in pain?"

"I just know you,"

"Don't make me argue with you. I'm having a beer because it's Christmas tomorrow," I walked off.

"I hope you two aren't arguing on Christmas eve," Arlo said as he sat next me on the sofas outside.

"If I said no will you believe me?" he smiled,

"No,"

"He thinks I'm drinking away the pain and is pissed at me,"

"And are you?"

"No, I'm not in pain right now, think that was down to the hot tub, I just want a beer because it's Christmas eve, I'm with my family and I'm feeling good,"