Chapter 25: Survival

Song for chapter is Brother by Kodaline

<<<

Arlo's POV

I knew when Angelo told me he'd let Noah know what happened because he knew something was wrong, I would have to call him and kick his ass into shape. That boy had the biggest heart out there.

I didn't think I was going to get back to sleep, even though I'd only had around 2 hours sleep.

I did.

Someone woke me up at 10am.

Keane.

"I'm not even going to ask if you're alright, because I hate when people ask me that," I smiled, "I love you,"

  "I love you too,"

"Auntie and...Mum have cooked breakfast," He then said, the fact he called her Mum was worrying, but also nice to hear, despite everything that has gone on and her abandoning me, she was still and will always be my Mum. "Everyone is downstairs waiting for you,"

   "Well you can say I'll be down in 5 minutes, did Angelo tell you about Noah?"

"Mmm, Tayte and I have spoken with him also, whatever you said though perked him right up again and I'm glad, so thank you for that,"

"You never have to thank me," I told him. He left with a smile and I psyched myself up and headed down to the kitchen, all eyes turned to look at me as I walked in for a brief second, "Morning,"

"Morning darling," Auntie responded,

"Morning Baby Boy," Mum said and I saw Keane shake his head,

"Morning son, feeling okay?"

"I don't have a headache so that's a good morning to me," I answered joining the already sat down, Keane, Tayte and Angelo at the table. We had French toast with strawberries and syrup to start with, followed by scrambled eggs on sourdough bread topped with crisp bacon pieces. "We need to get beaten up more often," I joked and Keane and Tayte laughed as Angelo smiled.

Once breakfast was over and done with I had a shower and got changed, I was going with Dad for a couple of hours.

"Are you going to be home when I get back?" I asked,

"I am having a chilled day, so I will be here," Angelo said,

"Nothing planned, we're not working at Corrigan's today so, we will be home too,"

"Okay good, well...I'll see you all later," Keane hugged me tight and then I left with Dad.

Keane's POV

"Fuck," I muttered walking off.

"Babe," Tayte said coming after me.

"I feel like fucking de-ja-vu is happening"

"I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as you think,"

"That's very easy to say though isn't it," I told him and then, "Lets go for a walk, I need fresh air,"

We left the house and moseyed down the beach hand in hand.

"You don't know what's going to happen Keane,"

"Oh what and you do," I retorted, "Everything seemed to finally be looking up and then this bombshell is going to shatter it fucking all,"

"This time might be different, I don't think the note was directed at you,"