Chapter 30

In the darkness of the bat cave, Batman sat in his chair in front of his large computer. But it wasn't actually on, and he was staring at something in his lap.

He held a framed photo of him standing out Wayne Manor. In his arms was a baby girl wrapped in a yellow blanket, her head resting against his shoulder.

It has now been three years since he saw his little girl. She'd be 7 today. He had spent most of those years trying to find her, get her location, get one member of the clown family sent to Arkham so he could find out where she was. But nothing. Joker and Harley Quinn has even stopped committing crimes.

But there was one good thing that came out of those years.

Dick Greyson. An orphaned boy he adopted one year after Leah's disappearance. He had been part of a family of acrobats in a circus, and had watched his parents die at the hands of a mafia boss who tried to extort money from the circus they worked at. After spending a few months in foster services, he found a home in Wayne Manor. At first Bruce adopted due to pity for his dead parents and hopes that he could distract him from his grief.

But after Dick found out his identity as Batman, Bruce now had a sidekick to train. Dick had begged him to train him as his partner in crime, and Bruce finally relented only after the most vigorous training he had ever though up. But after another year of training in various skills that Batman had mastered himself, Dick was now ready to put on the mask and join as Robin, Batman's crime-fighting partner.

So for the last two years, he had a partner.

And he now had a sense of love for the kid, almost like what he had with Leah. It wasn't overly protective since he was older, but he respected him and cared for him.

Despite that, as he sat there going over it all, he couldn't help but feel a pain as he thought of his daughter. She was the first real love he had after losing his parents. She taught him that he could be happy again, even had him considering passing the mask on to someone else.

He lightly traced his thumb over her face in the picture. But now she was gone. Whether she was dead or alive, he had no idea. Harley and Joker hid their tracks well, and no one had reported sightings of her in three years, the clown couple in hiding for two.

Suddenly, he intercepted a call to the police. Turning it on speaker, he let it play on his computer.

"I'd like to report a kidnapping." A woman's nervous voice said. "I just drove away from a playground where the Joker and Harley Quinn are playing with a little girl. I think they're still there-"

The call was cut off as the computer turned off. The man in front of it was also already gone, his mask gone from the desk as well. Only the picture remained, placed back on the desk.

I'm not dead! I'm alive, and I have a new chapter. I'm finally introducing one of the Robins, the very first one, Dick Grayson. I hope this goes in a good direction.

This chapter is for Girlisthebest12, who reminded me of how long it's been since I updated. This one for you!

Bye!
Harley64quinn