Chapter 4

"Help m-" I screamed before a large hand clamped over my mouth. I then felt another one grab my leg and pulled it back, causing me to fall face first to the ground.

The Joker flipped me onto my back. He instantly got on top of me, pinning my wrists to the ground with his hands. I instantly started struggling, trying to get any momentum to get him off me. I noticed his legs were right above my knees, and was about to hit him in his nether regions, but he noticed to, so he moved up and pinned my arms down with his knees, freeing him to use his hands. Harley stood close by, deep in thought. I caught Harley staring at me and looked the other way. I felt tears start to trickle down my cheek, but I tried hiding them, not wanting to give Joker the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

Too late.

"Aww, are you crying?" He said in a mocking tone, grabbing my chin and making me look at him. He seemed a lot taller close up, and I was already small, so with me on the floor and him kneeling over me, I actually felt even smaller. My tears stopped and I tried to put on a brave face. People must have surely heard that. I could hear voices by both the doors, and alarms blaring in the distance. I just had to buy time until they got the doors open.

He smiled down at me, eyeing my face. I stared him down, daring him to do anything. My heart was racing, worrying about what he would do. I finally said something I never thought I would ever say.

"Screw you."

Joker smirked. He let go of my chin and snapped his fingers. Harley reached in her pocket and pulled out a pocket knife and put it in his hand. I whimpered when I saw it. Joker opened it, revealing a cold steel blade. He leaned in close and began sliding it across my skin. I practically stopped breathing, afraid that any movement would cause it to pierce my skin.

"You know, you have a small body. You're like what, 8?" I made a small struggle, but Joker dug his knees into my wrists, forming bruises. He knew I was in middle school! Why would he think I'm 8!? The bruised were sore by now, and I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. The last thing I needed was for him to think I was laughing at him "No. I'm 12!" I said, my voice cracking a little. Joker snickered and moved the knife down my neck. "Well, you have a small and pale body for a 12-year-old. It's like a blank canvas." He pulled up my shirt, showing my stomach and the bottom of my training bra. I saw Harley staring at me, but Joker was still fixating on my skin. "And I wonder if I can put any art on it." Then, he brought the knife through the side of my stomach. I strained to keep my mouth shut, shutting in the laughter. The Joker then proceeded to carve into my body. First, he put HA HA HA up my side, then spelled out his name under my breasts. The pain was unbearable, but I still managed to keep the laughs in. The Joker looked at his work, then let some blood fall into his hands. I was starting to get a little dizzy, but I was awake enough to see him actually let my blood fall into his mouth. "It tastes sweet. You must be scared." He said, tracing his fingers around my stomach. I didn't say anything. I couldn't risk letting out a giggle. "I hate it when people try to hold in the pain. I want to hear you scream." He said, bringing down the knife through my chest.

That was pretty much all I could take. I burst out laughing. My laughter filled the entire room. I tried to stop, but it just poured out of my mouth. I could see the Joker staring at me, this confused expression on his face. 'Shoot, he thinks I'm making fun of him! He's gonna kill me!' Thoughts entered my mind begging me to stop, but I couldn't.

Joker's P.O.V
How could a little kid laugh about pain? Most grown men don't even laugh about pain. Sure, he did, but he was crazy, so that was allowed. And he hardly ever laughed at his own pain. But here she was, laughing about deep gauges he just made in her stomach. And it wasn't just any laughter. It sounded like his own crazy laughter.

Harley's P.O.V
Harley almost had a heart attack, right then and there. That laugh. Twelve years it's been, and she could remember that laugh like she heard it yesterday! She stared at the kid. She looked just like she did last time she saw her. Harley almost broke down crying, but it was interrupted by the door bursting open.

Ash's P.O.V
I looked toward the door. After my laughter calmed down, I saw a truly amazing sight. Ms. G was standing in the doorframe, holding on to one of the guards guns. She was shaking, but she was able to point it in the general direction of Harley Quinn and Joker. Jo was standing beside her too, holding out her cell phone like it was a gun. I could see other people behind them, also holding guns. Jo looked like she was about to wet her pants. "Get off my junior writer, or I'll... Um... Shoot!" She said, her cell phone still held out in front of her. The Joker just laughed. "Oh my god! That's comedy gold! Now go away and leave us." He said, pulling out his own gun. They stared at each other. But they didn't get to do much more, because a shot suddenly rung out, followed by a woman's scream. I squealed and checked my visible body parts. But then, I looked to see Harley Quinn crumble to the floor, a bullet hole in her shoulder. "Harley!!" Joker yelled, scrambling off me and running toward Harley. I looked at my wrists and sure enough, huge bruises lined the skin. "Hey, boss! We gotta go!!" A guy yelled from the hole. The Joker picked up Harley and carried her out of the room. But right before he left, he turned around and made eye contact with me. He flashed an evil smile, then turned around and ran. I could vaguely hear a car engine, and I saw people crowd around me, but at that point, I passed out.

Joker's P.O.V
About 2 hours later
At Jokers hideout

Harley was lying on their bed. She had a bandage wrapped around her wound. Joker watched her from the door. She was looking at her hands. He left and walked into his office. He picked up an old beer bottle and threw it across the room. It shattered in the corner. When Harley was hurt, he was always worried, hoping she'd get better soon. But this time, not all his thoughts were on Harley.

That girl kept popping up in his mind. There was something about her that made him feel weird. She laughed at pain. Only one other person does that, and she's recovering from a bullet wound two rooms away. Still, that kid seemed vaguely familiar, like he saw her before. And he couldn't shake the feeling, but he wanted to see her again.

Harley's P.O.V

Harley stared at her hands, still getting over the initial shock of it. She just saw her daughter. But even worse: She just saw her daughter get tortured by her dad. Harley couldn't entirely blame him, since he didn't know.

But isn't it about time he should know?

Harley always had trouble keeping this secret in the past. Sometimes it was so bad, she wanted to scream to the world that she was a mom. It's been 12 years. She wanted her kid back. Harley missed her so much, she just simply wanted her back. Ash could probably defend herself by now. Harley could teach her to use a gun, and she could protect herself against criminals.

But the only question was: Would Puddin want this? Would he be happy with this?

Harley got out of bed. Only one way to find out. She walked into Jokers office. "Puddin? I need to talk to you."
---------------------------------
Joker's men were dismissed for the night. No explanation. Joker just walked into the room and yelled for everyone to get out. That was two days ago, and no one heard from them since.