Chapter 19

Leah woke up on January 19. She could see some snow falling outside her window. She instantly got up and stared through the glass.

Happy Birthday!

Her friend was standing by the door. He was standing on two feet and both of his mouths were smiling. Leah's eyes widened as she remembered what day it was. "Oh yeah!" She squealed excitedly. The friend pointed to her chair. A short dress was waiting for her. It was white, with some fancy patterns around the bottom. She took off her pjs, and slipped it over her head. She then headed out, and went to the living room.

It looked great. The table had a blue cloth on it, and Leah could see streamers all over the room. Alfred and Bruce were standing in the middle of it, smiling happily. "Happy birthday!" They said. Leah smiled and ran to them, hugging their legs. They all embraced. "Now, let's have some cake!" Alfred said, before walking into the kitchen. "Cake now? For breakfast?" Leah asked. They'd never done that before. "Sure! It's your birthday." Bruce said, picking her up. He plopped her into the chair that was at the end of the table. She then had full view of a small pile of presents. They were on the opposite end, with tags addressed to her.

Alfred then walked into the room, holding a cake. It was chocolate, with white frosting all over it. Four candles were sticking out of it, along with 'happy birthday' written across it in light blue frosting. He set it down in front of Leah, the candles burning. She had a huge smile on her face as Alfred turned off the lights and he and Bruce quietly sang the 'happy birthday' song. When they finished, she closed her eyes and made a wish.

I wish that this year will be fun.

She then leaned forward, drawing in breath to blow out the candles.

They all heard the door bang open. Leah stopped and looked up. Footsteps could be heard in the halls, running. Leah got more scared as they got louder. Bruce grabbed her, and took her off her chair. "Hide!" He whispered. Leah looked around, and on instinct started running. She managed to squeeze herself between the bookshelf and the wall right before she heard the doors bust open. A sickening laugh filled the room, and Leah covered her mouth with her hand, terrified.
————————————————————————
Joker walked into the room. Four other guys trailed him, holding big guns.

Leah couldn't see much from her position, but she could hear them walking in. She heard her daddy talking, but couldn't tell what he was saying. He sounded mad. Then she heard a hitting noise, and the Jokers laugh again. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping this was a dream. That she would wake up in her bed, safe.

But this wasn't a dream.

Joker waltzed around the room, humming a little to himself. His men were gone, taking care of Bruce Wayne and his butler. "Leah?" He said in a sing-songy voice. He saw a lot of stuff in the room, most expensive and would probably get him a lot of money. But today, he was focused on one thing: find his little princess. He strolled to the far end of the room. "Won't you come out?" He said, making his words sound menacing.

Leah buried her head into her knees, her hands covering her. Silent terrified tears ran down her face. Before she could stop, she let out a small sob.

Joker immediately turned around. He started searching. He looked under the table, behind a dresser. He pushed shelf's and chairs over.

Leah stayed completely still, listening to him trash the place. She wanted to see where he was, but dared not move.

She suddenly felt the book shelf fall over. She knew she was exposed. Out in plain view. She heard heavy breathing, and hot breath touch her. She slowly opened her eyes.

She was met with a cold, harsh smile.

He squatted down in front of her. She didn't move, terrified. Joker grabbed her face, her tears stopped by his gloved hand. "Hello, my dear." He said. She stayed silent, just staring at him. "Happy birthday." He whispered. He stood back up. She squealed as he wrapped his arms around her small frame. He then lifted her up.

They left the room, and went down the hallway. He had a satisfied smile on his face, while she had a look of utter terror on her face. She couldn't do anything, afraid he'd hurt her. "I'm taking you home, Leah." He whispered to her. He then let out a cackle. She heard it echo throughout the house. She then heard a door open, and was hit with cold air.

She shivered, only wearing a dress. Joker rubbed his hand on her back, trying to get her at least a little warm. She saw a large purple car in the driveway. He opened the door and plopped her in the passenger seat. She just sat there as he walked around to the drivers seat. She considered getting out and running away, but knew she couldn't get very far. And if she ran, he might get mad and try to hurt her. He got into the drivers seat, and then floored it. Leah's entire body immediately went into the seat as they gained speed. She saw multiple colors streak past her window.

Joker looked at his speed. 125mph. Perfect. He looked over at his little passenger. She was staring out the window, watching cars streak by. Her face seemed to be mixed with fear and fascination. Joker smiled, and made a sharp left turn.
————————————————————————
They finally came to a stop.

Joker took the keys and got out. Leah didn't move as he circled the car and opened her door. "You can walk with me, or I'll carry you with me. Your choice." He said, drumming his fingers on the door. He waited a split second before reaching in and grabbing her. He swung her over his shoulder and started walking to the mansion. Leah could see a van pull up behind them, and the four men hopped out. They stayed back.

Leah heard him open the door. She tried struggling a little, but it didn't really do much. She could see white walls, and rooms as they kept walking.

He finally stopped, and dropped her. They were outside a room. The door had 'HA! HA! HA!' spray painted all over it. Joker opened it and went inside, closing the door behind him. Leah stood there for a second, looking in both directions. Both ways were empty, but she could see the front door. She instantly bolted, running as fast as her legs could work. She finally reached it and grasped the handle.

Suddenly, her hand fell off. Every part of her body seemed to turn off, and she fell backward. She just laid there, not able to move. She then heard the door open, and footsteps. She looked up. Joker was looking down at her, upside down. "Nice try." He said, moving to her feet. "I borrowed a little something from the plant whore. A liquid that dulls the instructions from the brain. In short, you can't move." He giggled a little, then grabbed her foot. He dragged her back to his room. He pulled her in and plopped her on the bed. Leah could only see the ceiling, so she couldn't see what he was doing. "I was just testing you, and shocker, you failed. No loyalty." He appeared above her. "We're gonna have to fix that." He said, touching Leah's cheek.