Chapter 7

Joker's P.O.V

I watched the live video feed. She was watching a drunk Ross and Rachel get married in Vegas. I smiled, remembering the time me and Harley went to Vegas during Christmas. She was a good luck charm that week. She managed to rake in a couple thousand dollars.

Unfortunately, Batman tracked us down and we had to blow up one of the casinos.

I looked at the screen. She was still laughing. I actually got sad for a moment. She was my daughter, and she hated me.

I heard Harley come in and stand behind me.

"Mistah J, you should really talk to her." She said.

The voices in my head erupted.

'Are you insane!?! Actually, don't answer that.'

'Kill her! Go down there and just shoot her in the head!'

'Really?! She's your kid. We shouldn't tell you about this! Go take care of it yourself!'

'At least go down there and watch Friends. That's a great show!'

I listened to one of them, and walked over to the basement door.

Ash's P.O.V

I heard the door open. I spun around and saw Joker coming down the stairs. I tensed up and he could see it. "Relax, I just wanted to catch an episode." He was dragging a chair behind him and put it next to me. I tugged on my shirt and then turned back toward the screen. "So, where are we at?" He said as he sat down. "Chandler doesn't like that his old apartment is no longer a just boys apartment because Joey got a girl roommate. And Ross is going on a date with Monica's coworker, Hillary." He nodded. I relaxed and focused on the show.

On screen: "What was wrong with your old... human teeth?"

I snickered. I could hear Joker laugh too. "You know, that happened to me once." I stared at him. His teeth were more yellow. I couldn't imagine them pure white. "Really?" I asked. He nodded. "I thought it would be more scary if my smile was white. Don't ask me what I was thinking. Harley claimed she could see them from the other side of town! I had to lay low for like three weeks before they started to fade." I giggled. He scooted a little closer. I noticed, but didn't react, not wanting to make him mad.

We watched about four more episodes in silence, with the exception of a few laughs. I was about to press the next one when Joker got up and walked out. I didn't make a big deal out of it and just pressed 'play'. Twenty minutes later, he came back down, carrying a small gun. I jumped up when I saw it. He walked right up to me and held it out. I stood there until I noticed he was holding it out for me to take. I reached out and he gave it to me. I noticed the handle was white and the words 'Daddy's little princess' etched across the sides. He then pulled out his own purple-tinted gun. "Okay, so this is your basic gun. This turns the safety off"he clicked it off. "So now it's ready to fire." I imitated his move, clicking off the safety. He then spun me around so I was facing the other wall. "Then, you have to spread your legs a little, and hold the gun away from your body." He said, moving my arms with his hands. Finally, he stepped back. "Shoot when you're ready." This shooting lesson was a surprise to me, but I have to admit, it felt good in some way to be holding a gun. I dug into the ground a little, and prepared for the kickback.

Finally, I pulled the trigger.

I was surprised by the noise, but it felt like a good surprise. A bullet hole was now in the wall. Joker took the gun from me and started reloading a clip. Then, he gestured for me to come with him. I followed closely as we left the room.