Chapter 25

Three months later

Leah skipped around the old factory, her literal playhouse. Harley chased after her playfully as the Joker could be heard somewhere else, preparing something.

Leah ducked behind an old vat, giggling as her mommy walked right past her. She then crept off, wanting to see her dad. She carefully climbed up the steps on the side. The large cylinder pools could be seen below her.

For three months now, they've all been a family. Joker and Harley didn't do crimes as much as they used to, but were preparing for a big comeback once Leah got a little older.

She pulled herself onto one of the platforms. "Daddy?" She called, turning her body around as she looked around.

Joker stepped out of the shadows, smiling at his little girl. "Hello, my Ace in the hole." He greeted, walking up to her. She smiled up at him. "What are you doing up here? Mommy's still downstairs." She asked.

Joker took her hand. "Did I ever tell you about this place?" He asked. Leah shook her head as he led her to the side, where there wasn't a gate. He put his hand on her chest as they stepped closer to the ledge, for safety. "This was the place where you were born. You're mommy screamed louder then you did." He joked. Leah snickered a little, seeing her mommy walk around below them. "And to celebrate, we all did something truly special." Joker said.

Leah then noticed the the vat directly below them. Unlike the other ones, this one has some sort of liquid in it. It looked greenish and white, swirling a little with bubbles on the top. While they were at least 30 feet above it, Leah swore she could feel the heat from it.

Joker sat down by the ledge and helped Leah sit down next to him, their feet dangling off the side. "This was we're both me and your mommy were...created." He said, thinking of the simplest way to say it. Leah nodded lightly, not entirely understanding. Joker took her arm. "This was how me and you got this beautiful pale skin color." He said. Leah looked at his pale hand holding her pale hand. She never really took much notice, since her parents had the same skin color as her.

"Daddy, Can I ask you a question?" She asked.

Joker smiled. "You just did." He answered. Leah giggled lightly, and moved a little closer to him. "When can I get a costume like yours? You and mommy always look so colorful and pretty. I want to look like that."

Oh my god, Oh my god! Her first costume!

Harley's gonna be so happy!

She could be a miniature version of her dad!

Leah watched as a smile spread across her daddy's face.

"Of course, my little jester! We'll get you a costume that's so good, me and mommy will turn green with jealousy!"

Leah giggled as Joker pretended to be sick for a second. He stood up and took her hand to lead her down the stairs.

Instead, he saw the Dark Knight glaring at him.

"Give me the girl, Joker. Now!"