Chapter 3

This is now switching to points of views

I faced a dimly lit room. A row of glass panels in cubicles lined the center of the the room. I could see a figure sitting behind one in the center. I slowly walked over and slid in to the seat. "Hi" I whispered. "You know, people whisper specifically so others can't hear them. Maybe next time, you'll actually want to be heard" a voice said from the other side. I stopped looking at my feet and finally met eyes with the person.

Blood red lips smiled back.

I instantly noticed the deathly pail skin and green hair, and stifled a gasp.

I was facing the Joker, the villain who I feared most out of all the ones I saw on the news.

The Joker flashed a large smile at me, drumming his fingers on his side of the glass. "You're a funny little thing. The other two I saw immediately left. Why are you still here?" I tugged on the sleeve of my AC DC shirt. I was here because I wanted a good story, and that's what I was gonna get! I cleared my throat and put my pad down on the small area next to the glass. I noticed a small hole in the glass, so I could hear him. "I came to interview you." I said, trying not to sound scared. Instead, Joker snickered. "No! I'm so touched! I can't believe a little girl wants to ask me questions for credit at her school!" He said, sarcasm dripping off his words. I wanted to kick him in the face, but took small breaths and calmed down. "For your information, I'm not a little girl. I'm a sixth grader." I said. Joker smirked and picked at his shirt. I started too feel a little more confidence in my next words as I picked up my pen. "By the way, I get no credit coming he-". "What's your name?" I looked up and saw him looking at me with curious eyes. I sighed and put the pen back down. The questions would have to wait. "Ash." I said. He smiled a little. "Is that short for something, or did your parents like lighting things on fire?". Instead of getting mad, I giggled, surprising him.

Joker's P.O.V
He looked at the tiny girl. Sure, people would cry or punch him in the face when he made fun of them, but they would definitely not laugh! Who was this girl? He shook it off, appreciating the fact that she had a sense of humor. She was pretty, for a kid. She had long blonde hair that had a small wave. Her skin looked a little pale, and she had a few freckles scattered across her cheeks. She also had light blue eyes, that seemed to sparkle a little bit when she laughed just now. The Joker folded his hands on the area in front of the glass, and started talking. After all, he had some time before Harley got here, so he decided to humor the kid.

Ash's P.O.V
"That necklace." The Joker said, pointing at My  chest. I was shocked by his statement. It was partially hidden by my shirt, how did he notice it? I pulled it out, touching the cold metal. "Where did you get it Little Ash?" He asked, eyeing it.

I wasn't about to tell some of my deepest darkest secrets to a maniac

I wasn't about to tell some of my deepest darkest secrets to a maniac. I thumbed it and shrugged. "I don't know." The Joker looked at my eyes, causing me to fidget a little.

"Okay" he said. I didn't press the subject and dropped it.

Joker's P.O.V
Little liar.

Ash's P.O.V
The next few minutes actually went pretty well. The Joker asked questions, and I would answer them. He would often make a rude remark, but I just shook it off. After some questions, I would start asking and then I'll  get the  interview.I still reminded myself that I was dealing with a psychopath. I couldn't trust him.

"You know Ash, I like you. You make me smile." The Joker said later, flashing his trademark grin. I gave a little smile back. The Joker's suddenly got serious. "So, listen. When Harley get's here stay out of our way. I'm busting out, and I don't want you getting hurt in the process. Leave this room and join your class. Don't tell anyone." It took a few seconds to process what he just said. What? He's escaping! I was about to run out and tell the guard when a defining explosion filled my ears. I was suddenly thrown back by a big force.

When my eyes finally sharpened, I looked around. A hole has been blasted in the wall. The glass and cubicles were gone. I could see pieces of debris falling from the ceiling. Behind the wall, I could make out guys wearing clown masks and holding guns. I also saw a beautiful woman in a skin tight jester costume walking through the hole toward the Joker. He stood up and grabbed her waist. She squealed and threw her arms around him. They then locked in a kiss. I almost gagged. But then, panic set in. I instantly turned toward the door. Chunks of ceiling were falling down in front of it, and through the window, I could make out Jo's terrified expression.

I slowly inched toward the door. The two criminals were still kissing, and I really hoped they'd stay that way. I started moving bits from the door before I heard a voice. "Oh no you don't, Little Ash.". I turned around and saw the Joker right behind me. Harley Quinn was standing next to him. "Who's this, Puddin?" She said in an accent. The Joker kneeled down and reached toward my face "This is Ash. She was keeping me company till you arrived." He smiled evilly and tugged on my T- shirt. I  didn't like him invading my personal space, so I backed up and pushed his hand away. "Ooh, feisty, aren't we? I gotta fix that." He said, laughing. He then started to move closer and I did the only thing I could think of.

I shot my foot straight into his ankle.

He groaned and clutched his foot. Harley held him up, flashing me a glare. I noticed a door on the other side of the room, where Joker probably came through when he first entered. I took this chance too make a run for it. I managed to get past Harley and The Joker and headed straight for the door.