Chapter 43

"You are staying in separate rooms." Mom Wright said as we stood in the hall with sad faces. She looked stern, but Vince was still trying to plead with her to have me in his room.

"But Mom, you know we are going to spend most of our time together anyways. It would be less laundry for you and then there is still room for guests to come over." He argued logically. I loved how smart my man could be.

"He's right, and we won't be locked inside all day anyways. We will be out around town, or downstairs, and mostly will just be sleeping." I chimed in with a hopeful smile. She sent me a look.

"Mostly? That's not very convincing Alex." She grinned at me. I gave my most innocent look as I could manage and looked at Vincent.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I'm sweet and innocent. He's the corrupt one." I pointed at Vincent who snorted and wrapped an arm around my neck to pull me in and crush my head.

"Don't listen to him. We really do know how to behave, Mom. I'll even clean my room if I have my boyfriend staying." His argument had her brows raised to her hairline in surprise.

"You? Clean your room? If you can keep it clean for two weeks, then it's a deal. Just don't tell his mother." She said slyly and held out her hand. I watched from under his arm as he shook it with a grin.

"Can you let me go now?" I asked as he pulled me into the room. He tossed me onto the bed in a heap and pounced on top.

"Did you hear that? You can stay in my room!" He said with an excited face. I laughed at him.

"Yeah, if you can keep your room clean for two weeks." I said without enthusiasm. He looked down at me with a pout.

"Why aren't you more excited? Don't you think I can do it?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. I recall Christmas. Don't forget I also lived down the hall from you at school. I give you a week." I retorted. He grumbled at me and laid out next to me.

"I can do it. It would be so worth it to see your face in the morning." He spouted the cheesy words and I groaned.

"Oh god. A whole summer of this? It's so disgustingly... gooey." I shuddered fakely and he laughed.

"Shut up. You love it." He grinned at me.

"I love you." I replied. He looked surprised and then fake barfed.

"Joking. I love you too. You are just as bad as I am." He laid his head on my chest and we stared at the ceiling for a minute.

"We should grab our stuff." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah. We should." He replied after a minute. He didn't move. I didn't move.

"You have five minutes to get these bags out of the front hall or he stays in the guest room!" Mom Wright's voice shouted from the stairs. We both scrambled to get up and ran down the stairs. She was laughing in the front hall.

"We got it." He grabbed two bags and ran up the stairs.

"Oh, I am so milking this one all summer." She crowed to me as I blushed and grabbed the box left over.

"Careful. If he catches on to you he might start to hate me." I complained as I went up the stairs after him.

"Dear, he couldn't hate you if he tried." She said with a smile. I felt my ears get hot and ran the rest of the way.

"Is that the last piece?" He asked. I nodded and put it on the bed.

"For now. My mom said she would send over some more stuff next week." I unpacked the box and put some stuff on the side table and desk for now.