Chapter 1

It was the middle of the night and everything in Gravity Falls was still and quiet. All the animals were sleeping, there was no wind to rustle any tree branches, and the moon simply shined behind a big cloud with just a peak of it's light pointing at the middle of the forest.

But in all of this silence, Dipper Pines was awake and he only had one goal: to reach the middle of the forest. He didn't know why he had this desire to reach this destination, but he knew he had to be there. Dipper kept on walking in farther and farther into the forest, as if in a trance, and suddenly he stopped.

This wasn't exactly the center of the forest, but he knew he reached what he was looking for.

The cloud covering the moon then slowly started to reveal the moon's light. Dipper looked straight up at it, mesmerized by the beauty of it's light, watching it as it got brighter and brighter.

When the cloud had fully passed on, the moon was too bright for Dipper's eyes and he had to rub them so he could see clearly again. By rubbing his eyes, Dipper also woke up from his trance and realized that he wasn't in the attic at the Mystery Shack.

"Where am I?", Dipper asked in a confused but angry voice, "What am I doing here?!" He looked around for answers, but all he saw were trees, trees, and more trees.

"Sorry Pine Tree," said a familiar voice coming out of no where, "I had to contact you SOMEHOW without having anyone know."

"Bill...", said Dipper under his breath. "What am I-... What are YOU doing-..." Dipper couldn't find the right words, while still in shock of what's going on.

"Take it easy kid," Bill said, " Just take your time."

"Ok, ok" Dipper said with a sigh, "So, as I was saying, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE WE DOING HERE?!?!"

Dipper's scream was so loud that it knocked the floating yellow triangle around and started spinning in circles.

"I said to take it easy Pine Tree." Bill said when he finally stopped spinning. "I'm not here to make another deal or anything, unless..."

"No", Dipper said immediately before Bill could say anything else.

"Fine, fine, suit yourself." Bill said with assurance.

"So if you're not here to make any deals, then what ARE you here for?" Dipper said and suddenly remembered that they were in the middle of a forest, "Where ever we are..."

"Don't worry about where we are Pine Tree," Bill assured. "This is YOUR dream after all. And why I'M here, well that's simple, I'm hear to warn you that strange things are going to start happing."

"Strange things are ALWAYS happening." Dipper interrupted.

Bill let our a sigh, "I'm not talking about Gravity Falls and I'm not talking about your family, I'm talking about specifically you Pine Tree."

"Me?" Dipper questioned a little angrily, "Why me? And what strange things? And I STILL want to know what makes you think you can barge into my dreams at night?!"

"All questions will have answers in time Pine Tree, but for now, this is all I can tell you." Bill answered.

"You're gonna wake up soon any way, so I guess this is a perfect time to say, 'see you later kid!'"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SEE YOU LA-" and then he was gone.

Dipper was angry, but as he looked around he started getting worried.

The world was starting to crumble and every piece of land was slowly falling around him. Dipper was soon left in darkness and was only standing, trying to keep his balance, on the tiniest piece of land left.

Soon enough though, that piece of land broke too and Dipper fell with it into the darkness.

As he fell he heard the faintest voice scream out, "I'll be watching yooou!"

And just like that, Dipper woke up on his bed in a cold sweat.

He quickly looked around and saw that he was back in the attic with his twin sister, Mabel, still sleeping on her bed.

He looked at the clock next to his bed, it read 3:00 AM.

Dipper sighed and grabbed for journal #3 that he had hidden under his bed. He hugged the journal and laid back down on his back.

He stared at the ceiling, yawning, as he asked only one question, "What was THAT all about?", as he slowly drifted back to sleep.