Telling Her

"[Y/N]!" Your mother called from downstairs "Dinner's ready!"

You sat up in bed and sighed, not wanting to move yet you were SO hungry. You got out of your room and walked halfway down the stairs when you realized that you'd have to tell her about camp, and your mom could smell lies from 600 miles away. You took a deep breath and continued your journey to the kitchen table, pondering how you could dodge her questions.

You sat down, clearly nervous, and began to eat, thanking your mom first. "So..." she started, "What happened at the camp?"

You pondered what to say and simply said "Not much, just a bunch of practice." with a small shrug.
"Did you meet any cute boys?" she said playfully and took another bite of her food.

You blushed an almost undetectable shade of light pink, "N-no..." you mumbled in response.

"You sure?" she said, cocking an eyebrow at you.
"Of course!" You replied with a bit more energy behind it, hoping she would stop asking questions, but she didn't.

"Any drama?" She took another bite. You knew she was looking for a specific answer, but you didn't know what it was.

You took another bite before answering "Just a bit, but it wasn't that big of a deal..."

"What was it about?" Now you knew she was looking for something very specific, did she know?

"S-some boys just did some dumb stuff..." you muttered, your stumble giving away your anxiousness and the fact you were hiding something.

"What dumb stuff?" She pressed.

"Took pictures of some people and posted them..." You said, still being vague, praying she would stop her never-ending search for answers.

"Of who?" She said firmly, giving you an all-knowing look.

You completely stopped, she definitely knew... "Y-you know?" You asked slowly, looking over at her.
Your mother sighed and set down her chopsticks,

"[Y/N] did you forget that our accounts are linked?" You nodded slowly. "I'll be the first to admit, I was being invasive when I opened the notification, but I don't regret it." You hummed in response, shoving more food into your mouth. "How long have you known?" She asked, her voice more gentle than before.

"2 and a half days.." You mumbled through your mouthful of food. Your mom nodded and that was all. Neither of you spoke until you stood from the table and began to go back to your room, head hung low. She didn't like the idea of soulmates...

"I think he's perfect for you." She said gently, smiling a softly at you.

You nodded, a blush apparent on your face before running up the stairs and going into your room, flopping onto the bed. As you stared at the ceiling, you wondered who did and didn't know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This one comes more from personal experience. My mother and I have linked Instagrams so she gets all my notification and monitors everything I post, text, follow, or save. So... It's a whole fiasco. I hope you all are safe at home with your families and are being safe and staying healthy. Remember, you are valid and there is always someone who cares about you and loves you.

Much love,

Author-Chan