The First Day

As you approached the school, you felt your anxiety rise from deep within and all of your what-ifs came back. You gripped the strap of your satchel tighter before taking a deep breath and walking inside. You changed your shoes at your new locker and could help but notice the few murmurs you heard about your presence and glances in your directions. You tried your best to ignore them and walked into the front office and retrieved your schedule from a nice woman at the front desk. Now to find where you were going. You wandered through the semi-crowded hallways until you finally found the room you were looking for. You walked in and everyone slowly looked over to stare at you.

The teacher smiled "There she is. Please, Introduce yourself."

You nodded politely and glanced around the classroom "I'm [Y/N] [Y/L/N], and I'm glad to be joining you all this year."

You prayed this introduction would be over as you felt your hands becoming clammy and thankfully it was.

"You can sit in the back with Haiba." She said and motioned to the boy with silver hair and emerald green eyes. You walked past all of the staring eyes and sat down next to him, avoiding any physical contact which you did often.

Sure, you loved the thought of having a soulmate, and most girls jumped at the chance to find theirs, but you just weren't ready for anything that serious yet. Besides, what if you didn't like them or they didn't like you. It was too much of a risk.

The silver-haired boy smiled at you and whispered "You can call me Lev."

You nodded and smiled awkwardly and began to get your things out.

Eventually, class ended and everyone began to get up and oh, my, geese Lev was tall. This factor made you a bit scared of him, but you tried not to let that get in the way when he asked "So, [Y/N], what class do you have next?"

"Oh!" He startled you slightly and you glanced at your schedule "um... Science.." You mumbled, gathering your things together.

"Me too! Wanna walk together?" He asked, plenty of joy in his voice.

"Oh, uh sure" You nodded and stood with him.

The male didn't wait a second before he grabbed your wrist and dragged you to the next class. Neither he nor anyone you ran into was your soulmate and that was good to know. Once you arrived at the next class you dusted yourself off, still, a bit shook up by the trip there.

The next few classes went by in a blur after you and Lev parted ways and soon enough, it was lunchtime. You got your lunch and decided not to eat in the cafeteria and surprisingly, quite a few other people had made that same choice. You walked around, looking for a place to sit when you spotted a boy with pudding-like hair which reminded you of what Hinata had been telling you. He must be the same person, but you didn't want to interrupt him since it looked like he was pretty deep into whatever game he was playing. You ate lunch and the rest of your classes were easy. The final bell rang and you gathered your things and quickly left the room you couldn't be late. You just couldn't.