The Race

You and Kenma decided to do some parts separately. You put him in charge of separating items and reading the manual. While he read and mumbled to himself you took a moment to take in his features since you had never really gotten a good look at him. He was always buried in some sort of technology or in action so it was hard. His pudding colored hair framed his face perfectly and his lips were a little plump and a nice shade of light pink. His eyes were a fierce shade of gold that contrasted his calm features. His nose had a slight upturn and it pointed at the end not to mention it was quite small. You had to admit, Kenma was really cute.

"Did you get that [Y/N]?" he asked as he noticed you were staring, causing heat to rise in his cheeks and him to duck his head back down.

You then felt that same heat, but more immense. "Oh! Y-yeah..." you grabbed a few random pieces "These ones right?" To your surprise, he nodded and said that was right.

You both split ways and put your own pieces together. The embarrassment from being caught staring didn't settle within you, but the blush did. 10 minutes later, you and Kenma had finished your separate pieces while Kuroo and Lev were bickering about if the leg went on the left or the right.

Kenma handed you his piece and just as you were putting in the final screw you cockily said "It goes on the back left" with a big grin on your face.

"Ha! I was right! Wait.." The two turned around to look at you and Kozume.

"Done." You both said in unison, laughing afterward.

"That's not fair!" Lev whined

"You've so put the table together before, [Y/N]!" Kuroo complained

"Nope! My mom put them together." You crossed your arms in triumph.

"Let us show you how pros do it," Kenma said calmly as he took the pieces from them and we put them together.

A few hours passed and you all were in your room, exhausted from putting together an enormous bookshelf. You plopped down on the bed and Kuroo copied you. You had officially unpacked and put away all items and put together all of the items. Your mom knocked on the door and brought in some drinks and chips.

"I thought you guys would like something to eat and drink." She said, her voice calm, "Thank you so much, boys, for putting in all your effort while my daughter watched." She joked

"I so totally helped!" You said as you took the items from her and huffed

"Eh.," Kuroo said, chuckling a bit

"Oh be quiet Kuroo, you're just mad me and Kenma-san beat you and Lev."

"Not true!" Lev spat as he took a bag of Doritos and a Mountain Dew.

"Sure..." You said as you handed out the snacks, keeping a bag of Takis and an energy drink for yourself.

The rest of the night was pretty fun. You all watched Disney movies and played on the Switch, you and Kenma winning each round you played. It was about 7:30 when the boys decided to go to their respective homes.

You all planned on meeting up at an arcade cafe at 12:30 for the meal Lev and Kuroo had to pay for.