Quagmire

Your eyes widened as you looked at the sight before you. The male sitting on your couch turned around to look at you. "Welcome home, Beanie." He said in his low and smooth voice that you absolutely hated.

You then dropped your bag for real this time, "no..." you whispered looking around for your mom who then emerged from the kitchen.

She smiled weakly at you, holding two glasses of water "Welcome home sweetie." She said softly. "Your father and I wanted to talk to you." her voice cam out gentle, but all it did was cause pain. Deep pain.

"Well... I don't wanna talk to you." You snapped, backing up towards the door

Your father stood and approached you slowly, "I'm sorry Beanie. Please. Come talk to us." He reached out to you only to have it slapped away by a darkened rage.

"No way. No way." You turned around and ran back out the door. You just ran, not really looking to go anywhere. Just, away. When you stopped, you were at Kenma's house, feet aching from running on the hot road.

You walked toward it and knocked, hoping Kenma would answer. He did. He opened the door and looked confused. "Hi?" he asked, looking you up and down.

"Oh thank god, Kenma. Can I-" He cut you off.

"Hold on, how do you know my name? Do I know you?" He asked, visibly confused.

"Of course you do Kenma." You grabbed his right wrist and pulled up his sleeve. No mark, no spark. You looked at your own, no mark. 'What is happening?!' You pondered. Tears began forming in your eyes. You'd always heard stories of disconnected soulmates, but you never thought it was real.

Disconnected soulmates. It's the phenomenon that happens when there's been a mistake for your pairing or there has been an emotional disrupt or intrusion. In some extreme cases, even memory loss would be included. Who was someone else?! Is it Kuroo? Hinata? Some girl?!

"Ok... I'm just gonna..." He closed the door. No... This can't be happening. Was that it for you two? Was it all over?

"[Y/N]..." you heard a familiar voice call out "[Y/N] come back to us..." The voice came closer and closer until you knew who it was. It was Yaku. "[Y/N] [Y/L/N] Wake up!."

You were being shaken by Kenma as you slowly opened your eyes. It was a dream. "Get up [Y/N]..." He said calmly. "We're back home."

You lifted your head and wiped your tear-stained face. "O-oh... ok..." you mumbled, standing and getting off of the bus. You grabbed your bag from the storage compartment and started to walk home, alone this time.

When you arrived home you hesitantly opened the door. You surveyed the living room, he wasn't there. You let out a sigh of relief and took your shoes off. You walked up the stairs and went into your room, throwing your bag aside and flopping onto your cold bed. 'It's great to be home...'

You sat up when you heard your phone go off. It was a text from Kenma. You sighed and opened it, dreading talking about your nightmare.

🐱🍮Pudding-Chan🍮🐱

You ok?

Yeah😁
Why wouldn't I be?

You were crying...

Oh
I just had a bad dream

Wanna talk about it?

...

We don't have to if you don't want to

It was just about us.

What about us?

We got disconnected.

Does that worry you?
That it'll happen?

Yeah...

Well it shouldn't.
Because...
We're meant to be...

Kenma🥺🥺

It's cheesy but I mean it.
I'm not going anywhere.

Me either❤️😊

Pudding-Chan is typing...
Read