28: Should I Say Goodbye?

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"You took Armaan Malik's name soo many times...and there are soo many people out her probably many are his fans too, but did they really care about it?"

I looked at her surprised and shook my head in response.

"Exactly! No one cares about anyone else but themselves. Sure people talk about this and that... gossip and spread rumours but they eventually get bored and stop. Armaan and you went through a lot and I know after the incidence at the conference, a lot of people were questioning about the girl who saved his life...but it all dialled down eventually. Look around, you're among hundreds of people but no one recognises you because no one cares.
There are 7 billion people in the world. Those 7 billion will have 7 billion opinions about you or more. If you keep caring about all those people's fleeting opinion about you and your relationships....do you think you can be happy. Always afraid of people judging you.... living with a fear. Is that even a life?

You didn't care about the people when you ran to see him and camped for 3 nights outside his house when baby, that was the craziest thing ever. You didn't care about people when you fell in love with a celebrity?

Then why now? At the end...what matters is your own heart baby. Try to listen to it."

I looked at her in tears and she hugged me.

"I thought you hated Armaan. Now you're trying to get us back together?"

"I still hate him, but I love you." She said.

"Maybe it's too late for us Nida." I said

"It's never too late." She answered.

Yes but...this time it was!

Armaan's POV,
I removed my headphones exhausted.

"Take 5"

I got out of the recording room and stood in the balcony welcoming the cool breeze.

We've been going on for 6 days recording the same song over and over again but it's no good. I'm lacking my emotions. It's a love song and I don't feel any love....or anything. How am I supposed to sing it?

My muse was gone...my Ayesha had left me. How can a broken heart sing a serenade full of love?

I told the team I couldn't continue anymore and got back home. On my table was Her diary. I took it in my hand carrasing it loving. I then sank on the bed hugging it to my chest imagining her in my arms as fell into deep slumber.

####
A soft hand massaging my scalp woke me up. I smiled slightly before opening my eyes. I knew exactly who it was.

"Hi Mom!" I said in a hoarse voice.

"Armaan...did you get a good sleep?"

"Hm." I moaned snuggling closer to her lap. She looked at the diary in my hands.

"It must be Ayesha's." She said.

I sighed nodding. "She left... leaving her diary...her thoughts....her love for me."

"Is she really gone that far that you can't even reach her?" She asked.

I nodded and she giggled. I looked up at her surprised.

"Ah! Young love. So beautiful yet soo... stupid." She laughed.

Sat up from her lap dumbfounded.
"Stupid?"

"Hm" she nodded.

"Mom, your son got his heart broken and your laughing?" I said a bit heatedly.