25: Dreams Do Come True

Ayesha's POV,
11:59.....and.....12am.

At dot! My phone rang splitting my face into a huge smile. I took the call.

"Happy Birthday!!!" Nida screamed across the phone defening my ears so I had to pull the phone away from my innocent ear.

"Ow! Thankyou!" I said shutting my eyes and rubbing my ear.

She giggled.
"Tell me....tell me...it was me who wished you the very first right?!" She sounded excited and eager as always.

I giggled.
"Yes. Obviously. Oh look now I've started getting all the messages from everyone." I said as my phone kept buzzing continuesly.

We talked for a while.... meaning an hour till we finally decided to hang up. I sank back on my bed. Reading everyone's messages. All my colleagues and friends had wished me but the 1 person whose call or atleast a message I was desperately waiting for....was missing.

Even Amaal had texted but nothing still from Armaan. I sighed heavily closing my eyes to sleep.

My eyes opened abruptly to a knock on my door. The first thing I felt was fear. It was past 1:30 and someone was at my door. I was the only one living on this floor for the time being. I decided to ignore it, but soon it became louder.

Should I call someone? Police? Dad? Mateen? Nida? Armaan???

Be brave Ayesha! If you can't even handle this them how can you manage to live alone.

I got up with careful steps and grabbing a pan from the kitchen... I hesitantly made my way to the hall.

"W...who is it?!" I asked

"Ayesha... it's me. Open the door darling!"

Armaan?!

I opened the door carefully and right in front of me was my Armaan....but, he looked weird like...

He was drunk?!

No way!!! Armaan never drinks. Did someone force him too? Oh God!!!

"Ayesha...my baby!!! Happy Birthday!!!" He almost jumped on me putting all this weight on me as he hugged me. I staggered to maintain my balance.... he's tooooooo heavy!

"Armaan... what's wrong with you?! Are you.... drunk?!"
I asked trying to balance him.

"Yep! Had to attend a party... couldn't help. No one could see me in this condition at home or.... they'd kill me....so.... I came here for tonight..." He said between hicpus.

I sighed. Unbelievable!!!

I dragged him with me to the couch and made him sit there. I went in the kitchen to get some water and helped him drink it.
I was worried about him now.

"I'll bring a blanket and pillow. You can sleep on the couch tonight." I said getting up but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back beside him as I squealed.

"Arma...." I went silent as he gazed at me soo intently. We were dangerously close to eachother, my breath hitched in my throat. He rested his arm behind over the backrest and with another he tucked my hair behind my ear. My heart thumped in my chest.

"Won't you ask for your birthday gift?" He whispered.

I gulped not being able to speak anytime. But wait! Hold on a second! If he's drunk then....his breath should be nasty right? Then how come....

All my thoughts came to a standstill when he placed his lips on mine. It took me a few seconds to comprehend and reciprocate to him.

I got back hastily from him!