22: The Feelings Just Won't Stop.

Armaan's POV,
FINALLY!!! After almost 2 months now I was meeting Ayesha. I was soo nervous and my heart was pounding....my palms all sweaty.

I was waiting in the restaurant when she finally arrived. A huge smile came on my face seeing her. She was just dressed in her formal work clothes yet she managed to make my heart skip somehow.

She just took her seat in front of me with a poker face without a word.

"Hi Ayesha...how are you? It's been...."

"I only have an hour before I get back to work." She said abruptly cutting me off.

Ouch!

"Oh ok... you're quite busy I understand. That's why I've already ordered too." I said with a smile.

"Thanks." She just said.

The waiter arrived with the food before I could open my mouth to speak anything.

"I know you love pasta so I......" She just started eating without a word.
".... ordered it for us." My voice went low seeing her reaction but she acted all oblivious.

Total silence....just the sounds of the fork meeting the plate and food. She wouldn't even make an eye contact with me. I just gaped at her in awe.

Is this the same Ayesha who used to bounce like a rabbit at just the mere mention of my name?!

I cleared my throat.

"You can speak I'm listening." She said sipping her water.

Ok this is definitely someone else.

"Who are you?" I asked amused. "...and where is the old Ayesha?" I chuckled.

She opened her purse and took out her business card keeping it in front of me on the table.
My jaw dropped.

Wow! Is she really going to ignore me soo much?!

Before I could think about anything else to say...her plate was empty.

"Thanks for the food." She said gathering her bag

"Huh? Already?" My plate was still untouched as I was too busy being in awe if her changed attitude

"Yes. I have to go now." She got up.

"Hey....what about dessert? I said in an attempt to stop her.

"I don't have time sorry. Bye. Nice meeting you." She said and was hot on her heels.

I sat there frozen for a while trying to comprehend what the f*** just happened. Did I just attend a silent business meeting or a lunch date?

I took the business card she left on the table.... Who was that girl?

Ayesha's POV,
I almost ran to my car hoping in and drove away from there as fast as I could. I met Armaan after soo long... I was dying to see him. Yet, I couldn't bear to be in the same room as him any longer. So I just concentrated on the food and as fast as I could, gulped it down even though I was about to choke on it.

I thought I might end up crying then and there but thank God I didn't. I wiped my tears to clear my vision. The last thing I want is an accident or anything now.

####
As usual I turned on The voice india right on time. It was the only way I could see Armaan and felt like he was actually with me.

After one of his team contestants, he was asked to come on stage by a pretty girl and sing something.