28: Should I Say Goodbye?

Ayesha's POV,
"Yes sir. I accept the offer. Thankyou soo much." I shook hands with our new Boss and left the cabin.

I should be thrilled about this. My dream's finally coming true. I should be excited and overjoyed, but I don't feel anything anymore. I just feel soo lifeless and hollow inside not having the will to do anything. Just moving on in my mundane life.... working more than usual to distract myself.

It's been just a week since I ended it with Armaan. Still I cannot stop thinking about him and whenever I do, tears find their way out eventually.

As I got out of work and to the parking lot to get my car. I felt a presence following me. I thought I was mistaken so I ignored it. Just then someone sneaked up behind me and covered my mouth. My heart jumped to my throat.

"I'm going to kidnap you now." I heard a female voice and I rolled my eyes slapping her hand away.

"Nida! Do you want to give me a heart attack?!" I scolded her.

"Well, you were acting like a zombie so I thought why not scare u into a human back again?" She shrugged.
I shook my head.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Nothing." I answered.

"Ok.... how many times do I need to ask you the same question till you answer it?" She asked with her hands on her hips.

I smiled a little. It felt a lot better now that she was here. She grabbed my hand and dragged me with her.

"Where are you taking me? My car is right here!" I complaint.

"I told you I'm here to kidnap you so your coming with me. We're taking the local train... let's go!" She said dragging me with her.

###
We were at the most crowded place in Mumbai. The Juhu beach!

"I have chosen the most crowded place for us to chill." Nida smirked.

"But you hate the crowd you introverted freak?" I questioned her I hated the crowd too. Especially, thanks to a special someone who's always surrounded by a crowd.

She nodded. "True.... that's why we're here. Doing something we hate the most to distract ourselves from other problems for a while."

"Why? What problem did you get yourself into?" I asked her.

She groaned looking up and then turned to me.
"My parents want me to get married."
She said emotionless

"Oh." I could feel the anxiety and fear behind her emotionless tone.
She had always hated even the mere thought of getting married. She always thought that she won't ever find a man who would accept her or respect her choices and habits. Dreaded the change in her lifestyle and meeting and being with new people. Dreaded being a woman from a girl.
I don't blame her. Growing up is scary. Change is scary. Trust is scary.
Love....is scary and... falling out of love is even more scary.

She pulled my cheek pulling me out of my trance.
"Ow!"

"Forget about me...tell me about you. So you two finally broke up huh?" She hooked her arm in mine as we walked along the shoreline. The crowd screaming in our ears.

"Seriously? This is where you wanna talk about it?" I asked amused.

"Yep.... because here you need to scream at the top of your lungs to say the things you want out of your chest and guess what....no one cares!" She said literally screaming as as expected. No one cared to even look at us.

I giggled.
"You're right."

I told him about Armaan and me.

"Ayesha, did you notice something?" She asked.