Chapter Three: Hospital

Hey! Sorry I haven't updated. Over Christmas I went to the desert and there is no wifi so.... Six days without wifi! My life was gone! Also this is a B-Day present for my friend Quintin! It's his B-Day so happy birthday and I hope everyone enjoys.
(Again it still might be a little boring but it'll get better!)

Chapter Three: Hospital
~
Eric
~
We made it to the beach. Surprisingly it only took us about half an hour for the half a mile walk. They're not human. These people shouldn't even be walking. The girl that's still unconscious, I believe named Melody, seems to be the most normal out of all of them. Most of these stasis people haven't even spoken yet. They have all been stunned since they made it outside.
I don't trust the boy named Kage. Izzy seems to have taken a liking to him. It might just be the older brother of me talking but something is off about that kid. He seemed normal at first or as normal as a waking human from stasis could be but now he has a plain look on his face. It doesn't show emotion and he's stopped talking. The girl that he helped wake up, Abi, has done all the talking for them now.
We helped them down on the beach but the adults were still unconscious. They all sat down and Izzy placed the unconscious girl with Kage.
"I'm going to call the police," Danny said. "Until then we need to think of something for all of you."
"What do you mean?" Abi asked.
"I mean that because I assume that you are all considered dead so we need to make fake IDs," Danny said.
"That's... going to be a problem," Abi said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well..." She hesitated. "I'm the only one with both my parents."
"What?" I finally ask.
"Well, there's only three adults," she said. "The blonde haired woman and the man are my mom and dad."
"Who's child is the other woman's?" I ask.
"Ours," the twins say in unison.
"I'm Michelangelo," one twin said. "You can call me Mickey."
"I'm Michel," the other twin said. "Call me Mike."
"What about you three?" I ask the older teens.
"Well," the shaggy brown haired man said. "Adam and I are... were roommates at our university. I'm Joseph. My pals call me Joe." He pointed over to the black haired man next to him.
"Right," the man said. "Ashley is my girlfriend. She lived at the university too but without a roommate." He pointed to the red head.
"Nobody could stand my blabbering," she said with a nervous laugh.
"What about you, Kage?" Danny asked.
Everyone looked at Kage and the group of awakened teens looked at him nervously. He sighed, his face placid and explained.
"Melody and I are siblings," he explained. "Our parents both died in a fire. I got out fine but Melody wasn't the same. She got burned from her cheek in weird, streak-like marks going down her left arm and leg and parts of her stomach. She looked like she got scratched by lions."
There was silence for a moment until Danny spoke up.
"Okay," he said with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry I asked but I did already call the police and they said that they're on their way."
"We need to make fake IDs," Izzy said.
"I can do that," Ashley said. "All I need is a computer."
"You sure?" Ty asked.
"I've helped make computer systems and hardware," she said waving her hand. "I can handle the forging of documents."
"I really don't trust them now," I thought. "If they can forge documents who knows what stuff they've done."
~
Kage
~
I stared at Eric. He doesn't seem trustworthy. Good thing I didn't tell them the whole truth of my past.
The sound of sirens could be heard from the distance.
"Everyone ready?" Danny asked and we nodded in response.
When the police arrived at the scene there were also ambulances. They looked slightly different for the ones back in 2014. Built more heavily but they looked light as well as having extra lights. The police cars looked sturdier and the windows looked reinforced. Bullet proof I'm guessing.
When the medics came to us the police took Danny and the others for questioning while the medics looked at us. They took us to their ambulances and started checking us and they immediately took us to the hospital.
~
Melody
~
I woke up to the sound of beeping and white lights. I look around me weakly and see that I'm in a hospital room. Kage is in a bed next to me and he see that I'm awake.
"Ka...ge..." I manage to get out.
"It's fine, Melody," he reassures. "You've been asleep for two days. Ashley has been making fake IDs for us since she's been able to sit up. We still have our normal names just for this time period. Say that you have memory loss okay? I'll handle the talking."
I nod and our hospital door slides open. The who helped me walks in.
"You're awake!" He says, happily and runs over to my bed. "I've been worried."
Behind him walks in three other teens and a policeman and policewoman.
"I'm Danny by the way," the boy says rubbing his neck. "I never got to tell you."
"Danny. I like that name," I thought.
"I'm Isabella! You can call me Izzy," a girl behind Danny said.
"I'm Tyler. Call me Ty," a boy next to Izzy said.
"Eric," the last teen said.
"Hi," I say softly.
"What's your name sweetie?" A lady police officer said. "I'm Officer Frisk. This is my partner, Officer Stran." She gestures to the other policeman.
"M-Melody," I stutter. "Melody Shades."
"Alright," Officer Frisk says and writes my name down on piece of paper. "Do you have any family?"
I pointed over to Kage, who has been sitting patiently.
"What's your name, son?" Officer Stran asks.
"Kage Shades," Kage replies. "Melody's older brother."
"Alright," Officer Frisk mutters and writes down Kage as well. "Can you tell us what happened to end you all on the beach?"
Kage nods and starts explaining.
"We are all friends and decided to go surfing. We went out farther than we had realized and we tried to go back but we were caught in a tide. We drifted until the waves got bigger and bigger. One wave caught us all and I blacked out. Last thing I remember is waking up on the beach by Izzy shaking me."
The officers nod and turn to me.
"Is that true?" Officer Frisk asks.
"I-I can't remember it all," I begin. "But it sounds right."
"Okay then," Officer Frisk says. "If we have anymore questions we'll come back."
"Where are our friends?" I ask before they leave.
"They're in some other hospital rooms," Officer Stran said. "They already gave their statements. Some are suffering from slight memory loss like you. Others have told the same story as Kage so all we need to do is do some background checks."
Kage and I nod and the officers leave.
"Since when did you guys decide on a fake story?" Danny asked.
"We decided on multiple back up stories before we went into stasis," Kage explained.
Danny nods in understanding.
"Get some rest, Melody," Danny says. "They said the better you get the sooner you get out. Kage is going to be released in about two days. He was stronger though when we had awoken him."
"What about the others?" I ask and turn to Kage.
"Everyone is fine," he says and then frowns. "Except for the adults. The three of them entered into comas. We don't know when they'll awaken."
"Oh," I say and look down.
"Don't be sad," Danny says.
"Yeah! Everyone else is doing great!" Izzy reassures. "You'll all be out in no time!"
I nod and the four teens leave. I look over at Kage.
"I still can't believe it," I mutter.
"I know," he replies. "You're a hundred and fourteen years old."
I shudder.
"I think my body was on shut down just like our robots," I say. "I still think I'm fourteen."
Kage smirks and closes his eyes. I lean back in my bed and look up at the ceiling.
"How much as everything changed?" I thought. "How are we going to fit in? What does the world think of us?"
I look down at my left hand.
"Why can't I feel my left hand?"