Chapter Twenty-One: Stay Back

Yellow! Sorry this chapter is short! I didn't think I would be able to write it in time! But.... The picture at the top! Everyone say hello to Danny! I'm drawing the characters... SLOWLY but surely I am drawing them! Yay! I did look off of a picture but I DID NOT trace it thank goodness. But anyways, hope you enjoy!
-Ravien

Chapter Twenty-One: Stay Back
~

"It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving... BUT KNOW THIS: When it comes to matters or protecting my friends, my family and my heart... Do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know..."
-Unknown
~

Danny
~

"Where's Melody?" Kage asked as he slowly sat up.

"Kage, you need to rest," I said. "You did hear me when I told you about Melody and the others right?"

Kage looked down and rubbed his head.

"They are... at a camp right?" He said as he looked at me.

I nodded in response.

I went to get the nurse and doctor. They came in and told me to wait outside. After about ten minutes they came out and said they needed to keep him about one more day. I nodded and said good bye to Kage and that I would be back the next day.

~
The next day my mother had to go to R.E.D headquarters to grab some supplies that only R.E.D corporation supplies. I went along because she and I were going to pick up Kage from the hospital later.

When we walked into the towering building with white tile floors my mother said that I could go and wander around a bit. As I was exploring the first floor of the building I heard the clicking if heels as someone ran into me. We both fell.

"Ouch," I said.

"I'm sorry, young man," a female voice said as I looked up.

A lady, with black hair and blue eyes, was wearing a pink shirt and black pants with pink shoes. She had spilt several papers on the floor and I got to cleaning them up.

"Sorry," I said. "I wasn't looking."

"It's fine," she said, with a smile. "Are you a tourist here?"

"No. My mother is a robotics doctor and she had to pick up some supplies. I'm just wandering right now."

"Well, if you need anything," the lady said as I handed her the papers. "I'm one of the top corporation directors behind the great Reed himself. I work in the Robotics and Nature or RN division."

"Alright. Thank you," I said as I waved goodbye.

As the lady was walking away I looked down. There was a small photo she left in the floor. I picked it up and was about to run after her when I saw who it was. It was a younger version of Melody and Kage. There was a man there as well. He was young but he was an adult. There was also a woman there. They two were smiling down at Kage and Melody as Kage chased Melody. Both looked like they were laughing.

I quickly folded the paper and shoved it into my jean pocket. I put my hands in my pockets and I walked back to the front of the building.

My mom came back with a box of supplies and we went to the car. Once we were at the hospital we went to pick up Kage. He was wearing the clothes that everyone found him in. They had cleaned the outfit so, besides the rips in different places it looked nice, even though it was all black.

We walked down to the checkout to take Kage and we headed to the car. As we were about to leave my mother said that she thought she had left her wallet back inside and I ran to get it.

As I was heading back to the car, wallet in hand, I saw a black limo with tinted windows pull up. Out stepped a man in a black suit with a blood red tie. I walked past him when he stopped me.

"Excuse me, Danny," he said with a calm face. "Can you tell me where Kage's room is?"

"You...." I said in shock. "You're Reed."

He gave a slight smirk.

"To bad," I said. "We're taking Kage. In case you didn't know. He woke up yesterday."

Reed's eye twitched but he remained the same.

"He is a special one," Reed said with a sigh. "Just like him and my beloved daughter."

"Shut up!" I yell, anger welling up inside me. "I know the fire you started. You burned your daughter! You hurt Melody!"

"Why do you care if I did?" Reed asked. "You weren't there."

"But I'm here now! Melody is my friend and I will protect her if it costs me my life! You come near her or any of my friends and family and I'll kill you."

"Such a harsh threat from such a young boy," Reed said with a chuckle.

"You come near me I'll fight you. You come near my family and I'll kill you. Promise."

Reed's face turned harsh.

"Don't go making threats you can't fulfill Danny."

"Who ever said I can't fulfill them?" I spat as I walked away.

~
3rd Person
~

Reed watched the angered teen walk into the parking lot.

"Do you want me to eliminate him sir?" Markman asked as Reed got back into the limo.

"No," Reed said. "Just wait for the right moment. It's coming sooner than they think."

"That's right sir!" Bloom asked with a wide smile. "We are progressing ahead of schedule ever since the trial vials turned out to be correct!"

"And the subjects?" Reed asked.

"Disposed of by the first vials," Markman answered.

"Good. No witnesses. Not until they day has come," Reed said and the two gave sly smiles.

"Yes sir," they said in unison.