Chapter Eighteen: Revenge is Planned

Yellow! Sorry this wasn't up sooner today! I was having writers block for a while so I couldn't finish it sooner. But thank you Otakufire1028 for helping me come up with something to write about! Enjoy the chapter!
-Ravien

Chapter Eighteen: Revenge is Planned

"My silence is the beginning of revenge."
-Hatem (the only name that kept popping up.... Not sure if this is right though ;) ..)

~
Joe
~

I continued to visit Kage the next three days. He didn't move, the beeping of the heart monitor was steady. The only difference was his brain activity. The nurse told me that his brain activity had increased and he has a higher chance of waking up now.

Melody still hasn't visited since her 'incident'. She's been to nervous. I finally managed to get her come today after school though. I would walk with her to the hospital and go in with her. I just wouldn't say anything. She asks me constantly if everything is fine and I tell her yes. When I told her Kage twitched his hand she went running around the room.

Melody might not be going to the hospital but she goes to the base everyday. She says that since everyone now knows she wants to turn the robots and ourselves into heroes she would need to make some things. She, along with the robots, have been making things but they won't let us see what.

We did find a room that we had blocked by a shelf though. We haven't opened the lock because Melody told us to wait for Kage. None of us can remember what we put in it.

Abi continues to visit her parents in their coma. Her dad's brain has been inactive lately and the doctors aren't giving him that much longer. Her mother is still stable but unresponsive.

~
I walked with Melody to the check in.

"Hello, Joe," the nurse at the desk said. "Here to see Kage?"

"Yes, ma'am," I said with a smile. "I'm here with his sister."

"You're not brothers?" the nurse asked. "You always seemed like an older brother."

"He acts like the older brother," Melody said with a shy smile.

"I see," the nurse said with a caring smile. "Well, it's good that Kage has three visitors today. I'm sure it will make him happy."

"Three?" I ask and the nurse nods.

"He should still be in there," the nurse explains. "I don't know what Kage did to have him show up but it sure is amazing."

"Thank you," I say as I grab Melody's hand and we run to Kage's room.

When I open the door my jaw drops. I can feel Melody's grip tighten around my hand as it shakes. I grip tighter to her's as I stare in anger at the man, sitting next to Kage's bed.

Black suite and blood-red tie. His hands were covered by white gloves and his black hair had two white streaks on either side. His eyes were a grayish blue. He smiled sweetly at the two as he stood.

"Father," Melody growled her voice shaking.

"Hello," Reed said, sweetly. "Don't I get a hug for seeing my sweet daughter?"

"Don't go near Melody," I say as I step slightly in front of her. "Leave. Now."

I look over at Kage. His heart rate had increased ever since Reed spoke about Melody. I remained stern but I wanted to smile. He's still responding.

"Don't you want to know why I'm here?" Reed asked with a sly smile.

"You cause this to Kage, didn't you?" I ask, angrily. "Unless you want to tell us how to wake him up you'll leave."