Chapter Twenty-Five: The Girl Who Forgot Too Much

Yellow everyone! Finals are coming up and I'm hoping I'll have time to write but studying is a big thing to do! So, if I'm a little late in posting please don't be mad! Enjoy!
-Ravien

Chapter Twenty-Five: The Girl Who Forgot Too Much
~

"Forgetting is like lighting a candle. The candle might disappear. But the wax is always there."
-Unknown
~

Melody
~

I've been in this room for I believe a little over a day. My father has been checking in on me along with three other people; Mr. Markman, Mr. Watts and Ms. Bloom. Markman is kind of cold and always looks angry. He reminds me of someone but he seems more hostile than the person I'm thinking of. Bloom is very happy and kind. She reminds me of several people but I can't remember who. Then Watts always seems nervous but he is kind. He tells me that everything will be alright and that everything bad will sort itself out. He reminds me of someone too but Watts seems more nervous.

I finally get to leave the cramped room and walk around the top floor of the building. It is where father does his work. It's his office he tells me. He says that his men have been fixing another upper floor ever since a group of "terrorists" attacked. He doesn't think they were terrorists for some reason. He says they are bugs to be squashed.

I go up to the neat floor and father leaves me with Watts. He shows me several rooms and sights of the city but something is digging in the back of my head.

"Mr. Watts?" I ask and he looks at me. "Why are you always so nervous?"

"I-I gets its just the way I am, Melony," Watts says.

"I feel like I can't remember something important," I say as I scratch my head.

"You do have amnesia, Melony," Watts points out.

"Yeah but... I had a weird dream about two boys. One acted like Mr. Markman but a little kinder and the other was a real nice boy. They made me feel protected and I felt like I knew them but I can't remember."

Watts looked even more nervous.

"What does my father do?" I ask.

"He helps advance technology," Watts says.

"No, what makes you so nervous about him," I say, knowing my father was hiding something.

"I-I'm not scared of your father," Watts stutters.

"Mr. Watts," I say as I stop walking. "I trust you right now more than everyone even my father. What is going on?"

Watts sighed.

"Your father is... working on a project that can get rid of bugs," Watts answers. "Now let me take you to the cafeteria for some food."

I nod, still skeptical, and head with Watts to get some food.

~
Danny
~

Kage woke up. He wasn't sure of where he was when he first woke up but he soon found out. He didn't know what was going on. We questioned him on Melody but he couldn't remember. He did his best to stay composed when he found out she was missing but he has begun to pace. He remembers talking to Melody but he can't remember what another or what happened afterwards.

I'm still uneasy around him as well. When he put his hands on my shoulders to ask me a questioned I tensed and shrunk back a little. Joe told him what happened and Kage has kept his distance, only asking me things from afar. I was thankful for that but Kage is like an older brother to me.

School still isn't back in either. Ever since the attack when the group bombed R.E.D the schools have been shut and haven't reopened. It helps us though. We can look for Melody without much interference. Everyone says that when they bombed R.E.D, Bugs flew up to the roof, Abi on its back and she ordered Bugs to drop the small bombs on the roof. Meanwhile, everyone else got other floors. They made sure to hit injure anyone unless it was Reed but he was nowhere in sight. Then when police started arriving, the bots turned into makeshift motorcycles and everyone got away.
I paced in the base as Kage, sitting on the edge of a table, watched me.