Chapter Eight: First Day More Trouble

Yellow my friends! (I say yellow for hello for those confused) anyways.... I'm still at school while I'm doing this.... Shhhh.... Don't tell.... ;).... Anyways, Enjoy!

Chapter Eight: First Day More Trouble
~
"I don't know what's worse: People who lie or people who think I'm stupid enough to believe the lies!"
-Unknown Author
~
Kage
~
I stand with Danny and his mom in front of Future Hope Academy or FHA. The school is surrounded my a red brick fence and a black gate at the center. My first day of school. Great.
"Common, Kage," Danny urges as we go up the steps to the main office.
There are four buildings on campus. The main office is in the middle building which is the biggest. It has a tan color and a black roof. All the other buildings looked the same. Then there are two buildings on either side of the main building. Danny told me that there is a building by the football and baseball field for the lockers and it looks the same as the other buildings.
I walk into the main office and Mrs. Gazer gets me checked in.
"You'll be in all of Eric's classes today, Kage," Mrs. Gazer assures. "You'll be fine."
"Right," I say, stoically.
Eric walks in and waves to Mrs. Gazer.
"I'll be going to class then," Danny says. "Good luck, Kage!"
Danny runs out and heads to class as Eric approaches.
"Ready?" Eric asks and I nod
After Danny's mother left Eric took me to my first class with him. The campus looked nice at least. There were lots of trees and grass and there was a gentle breeze blowing as we walked.
We went to the building to the left of the the main building.
"The seniors and juniors have most their classes in the main building. Freshman are to the right mainly and sophomores are to the left," Eric explained.
"How are the freshman treated around here?" I asked.
"Everyone knows their place," Eric answered. "They're treated fairly but it's the seniors last year here so they get special privileges."
I scoffed.
"Back in 2014 people used to say that," I explained. "It was never true. The seniors got everything and the older kids would look at freshman with disgust. Basically the students weren't treated fairly. By the way, are there robot humans at this school?"
"Yeah," Eric replied. "They come to the school but they look just like us like any other robot person. We all coexist together and we're mostly all friends. They're raised just like us. They just tend to avoid going to history class. To much bad stuff has happened while you guys were gone."
We continued to walk down the hall of the sophomore building. We pass by grey lockers and dark brown wooden doors. There are windows to my right, classrooms to my left while I feel like I'm walking down a prison hallways. The ground is white tiles and the ceiling is a white roof. The wall are cream colored wherever there aren't lockers and it smells just like I remember from 2014.
Eric and I walk down to around the middle of the hallway before we stopped.
"This is our first class, Kage," Eric said with a sigh. "It's math."
"What kind?" I ask.
"Algebra 2," Eric replies.
"Easy," I said.
I look at the door.
"At least the doors here are like the ones in the past," I mutter.
"School around here tend to be older than the ones at the main part of the city," Eric explained. "I prefer our future kind of doors."
Eric opens the door. We walk in and the teacher stops in the middle of the lesson to turn to us.
"Hello, Eric," the teacher said. "Who's this?"
He looks at me with curiosity. The teacher is bald and has dark brown eyes.
"Mr. Dree, this is Kage," Eric explains. "He's new here."
"Welcome, Kage," Mr. Dree says. "I hope you'll have a nice day. You can take a seat next to Eric in the back."
I nod and follow Eric to the back by the window. I sit down and take off my black backpack that Mrs. Gazer had gotten for me. I look up and see several people eyeing me. Mostly girls and they're giggling.
"Oh, boy," I thought with a sigh. "This is going to be great. Just great."
After most of the day, Eric and I met up with Ty, Izzy and Danny. We had lunch together and Ty and Izzy said they would love to take in the others. All they have to do now is convince their parents.
As we were heading to our next class I bumped into a tall boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. I kept walking and ignored the kid but he decided he didn't like that.
"Hey, you. New kid," the boy said and I turned to him with an annoyed expression.
"What is it?" I asked.
"No apology?" He asked, angrily.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"I'm Walter Strauss," he says. "I'm a senior as well so treat me like it."
"Like what? A high schooler? Okay but I need to give you some advise. Lay off the deodorant. You reek of it," I say.
"What did you say pipsqueak?" He asked as he approached me.
He was only about a head taller than me.
"You're short for a senior," I say, plainly.
"What? Let me tell you this kid. Don't cross me or else I'll hurt everyone you hold dear," Walter threatened.
"You're annoying," I say, plainly.
"I'll make you regret that!" Walter says as he threw a punch at me.
I easily dodge and kick him in the stomach. He doubles over and I head over to Eric who is staring at me wide eyed.
"Let's go," I tell him and he nods. "That guy was annoying."
~
I managed to get through the next two periods fine and Eric and I went to our last class of the day, History.
Eric introduced me as always and I took a seat at the back of the class.
The teacher said we would be talking about the year 2014 and how the great wars started. He was rambling on about how the teens who created the robots were cowards because they knew about the fact that the robots would glitch.
Rage was boiling inside me like volcano about to erupt.
"Furthermore," the teacher, Mr. Trost stated. "The person responsible was a young teenage girl. All around your age. It's because of her ideas that our world changed throughout the century. It's not that I don't like our coexistence with the robots but because of those teens, especially that girl, we lost many human lives."
"I wonder how hard it will be to get away with murder," I thought.
"Question time," Mr. Trost said. "What was the name of the first robot the teens built?"
A girl raised their hand. She had red hair and eyes.
"Yes, Emily?" Mr. Trost asked.
"Twitch?" Emily asked.
"No," Mr. Trost said. "Close."
I finally raised my hand.
"Kage!" Mr. Trost said, surprised that I raised my hand.
"Glitch," I say.
"Correct," Mr. Trost said. "Can you tell me any others?"
"The second robot was named Tinker then Bugs, Nuts and Bolts and Shocker. The girl was also a year younger than us to correct you on your comment earlier," I answered.
"Impressive," Mr. Trost said. "You know your history."
"I know about that time period," I reply. "Not much else. I'm not the best at history."
"Well, you sure seem smart enough. How did you know the girl's age?"
"I know a lot about the teens. I know they went missing and their case was never solved about their disappearance. I know that they had no idea that the world would spin out of control or that the government would steal their robots and redesign them so that they would eventually malfunction...."
"What, what what," Mr. Trost said but I continued.
"I also know that the girl only wanted to help the world and that having to disappear was not their fault. I know that people hate them because of what they created but they did not mean for anything to happen and that it was not their fault."
"How do you know all this?" Mr. Trost asked.
"You know a lot when your related to them," I say crossing my arms and slouching in my chair.
"You are... related to the people who created the robots?" Mr. Trost asked.
"Yes," I reply. "I am and if you have a problem with my family you and I can have a talk, sir, but don't teach lies if you yourself aren't 100% sure of the truth."
Everyone was silent and staring at me and Mr. Trost. Trost looked frustrated and nervous at the same time.
"Class dismissed," he finally said and I went over to Eric and we walked out.
~
"You did what?!" Ty yelled, nearly choking on his drink.
We had all gone to Danny's house after school for homework.
"You could have been expelled for talking back to Trost!" Izzy said.
"He's one of the strictest teachers at the school," Danny explained.
"No one has crossed him until you came," Eric said.
"Well, he deserved it," I said.
"No one talks about my family that way... Not ever."