Chapter Twenty: Alive Again

Yellow! Sorry this chapter is so short. I have several projects for school that are due and I haven't been able to write much but I hope you enjoy!
-Ravien

Chapter Twenty: Alive Again
~

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you it's yours. If it doesn't it never was."
-Unknown

~
Danny
~

Melody had left. Everyone had left. I was alone. I had no one. Melody wouldn't talk to me before she left. I stayed behind while everyone went to the training camp. I told Joe I would visit Kage everyday while we were gone.

As I walked to the hospital on the cloudy day I thought back to the day of my fight with Melody. When I went down into the base.

~
"Danny?" Joe asked as I finished climbing down the ladder. "What are you doing here?"

"There's a bad storm coming down and I decided to come here to wait it out," I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.
"Danny," Joe asked as he crossed his arms. "Why are you here and not home with Melody?"

He had black dust on his face and arms and a wrench in his hands. He looked serious but caring at the same time as he stood, waiting for an answer.

"Melody and I... had a fight," I responded. "I didn't think that killing Reed would change anything. Melody did. She went home and I went to visit Kage and then the storm picked up so I came here."

Joe sighed as he turned back around to his work. Bugs was shut off and the robots chest was opened, revealing a mess of wire and bright electronics.

"Melody is letting the past cloud her judgement I agree," Joe said as he continued to work on Bugs. "I want to help her listen to reason but it'll take time. Once Kage wakes up there might be a chance."

I nodded even though Joe couldn't see and I sat down next to him and watched him remove wires and add wires and bolts into Bugs.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Cockroach chewed through some of his circuits," Joe explained. "He was helping me unlock a door when he bugged out and nearly jabbed a piece of metal through my arm.

"Wow," I said as Joe closed Bugs' chest plate.

"It's dangerous," Joe said. "Going through trial and error. Luckily, Melody would get away from the explosions and glitches that went on with her first robot."

"Melody hasn't been that active when it comes to being here lately," I said.

"Yeah, she hasn't been down recently because of Kage and that she been nervous about being around the robots.

"Why?"

"Ever since they saved her she doesn't want to confront them," Joe said. "They might be AIs and the oldest robots but they acknowledge pain and at times, the awkwardness of seeing people after they did something you wouldn't expect them to do. She wants to reconnect with them over the training camp."
Joe stood up and sighed.

"I'll test out Bugs later but since you're here Danny," Joe said as I followed him to an old door at the end of the base. The base had been upgraded, thanks to some demolition done by the robots so now it had corridors and additional room. "Can you help me open this door here?"

He tapped an old, metal door.

"I just need you to hit the lock with a hammer after I freeze it with a frost gun I built. It should break the lock."
I nodded and we opened the lock. Inside there were several shelves piled with boxes. There were six shelves with five boxes on each shelf. Joe smiled widely as he walked over to a grey, metal box. It was long and bulky and Joe grunted when he pulled it down.

"What is this room?" I asked.

"Our memory room," Joe said. "It's where we packed things that we wanted to have when we woke up."

"Really?" I asked.

Joe nodded as he opened the box. There were clothes and pictures as well as old game devices and phones. Books and several other smaller boxes.

"This is my box," Joe said. "We each packed one. We'll open them up later. I just had to make sure these were them."
Joe closed the box and put it back on the shelf. He stood up and turned back and we walked out of the room.
"Danny," Joe said as I closed the broken door behind us. "If Kage wakes up while we are out, be sure to build up his strength but don't call us. Melody needs to stay focused on training instead of cutting things short. Kage will work with you if you explain to him about why we are gone. And Danny.... He might have trauma or flashbacks to what happened before he slipped into the coma. It might trigger something bad."

"Bad?"

"The doctors say that his heart nearly gave out soon after a visit. They had to shock him to bring him back. So if he starts to have that 'trigger' be sure to keep an eye on him."

"Got it," I said.
~

I walked into Kage's room. He was still lying there as usual. I sat down on a chair next to his bed.

"Kage," I said. "Melody and the others left on the trip. Joe and I also found a room with things from 2014......"

I stared at him.

"What do you think about? All you can do is think. I wish you would wake up."

I stare at him again.

"It's just you and me," I said with a sigh.

I closed my eyes and put my head down.

"That sure is a pain," a voice said and I looked up.

Kage's eyes were open.

"But I guess I don't mind hanging around you, Danny," Kage said, plain faced but with a slight smirk.

"You're..... Awake!"