Chapter One

Lena's POV

"Kara!" I exclaim as the young reporter steps into my office. "What brings you here?" I question.

"I thought you could use a friend. I heard Edge gave you a rough time at the board meeting" she replies.

"Yeah well, what more is there to expect from that misogynistic little twerp" I joke.

Kara hands me a paper bag she had hidden behind her back.

"Oh my god, is that big belly burger!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, i know you don't eat when your stressed" She answers.

"You are literally my favourite person" I reply as I fall back onto my couch.

She sits next to me and we both tuck in to the takeaway.

"You still up for girls night?" Kara mutters with a mouth full of food. She looked so cute when she did that.

"Hell yeah" I reply "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

After Kara left, I sat down in my chair and continued to complete the big pile of paperwork in front of me.

I check the clock, it was well over midnight, and i sigh in relief as i put down my pen having completed all of my work.

When i arrive home I practically throw myself onto my bed. Not even bothering to change out of my clothes before drifting of to sleep. I was so exhausted.

At 6am my alarm tones as usual. I force myself out of bed, and enter the bathroom. I undress and throw my clothes into the washing pile before entering the shower, turning it on.

I feel the warm water splash on my face and exhale as it washes away all my worries. The shower always felt so safe, so calm.

After washing my hair and scrubbing down my body, I step out the shower. Drying and wrapping a towel around me. I brush out my wet hair, and turn on the hair dryer.

As I dry my hair and look into the bathroom mirror, I notice the bags under my eyes. After drying my hair I apply my makeup, attempting to cover the bags with my concealer and, when satisfied, exit the bathroom.

I enter my wardrobe and pick out an outfit to wear, a white blouse and black pencil skirt. I glance at the clock, 6:40am. I slip on some black knee high boots and exit my apartment.

I arrive at work by 6:55am, just before our early board meeting. The meeting started with Edge, of course and I zoned out as he began trailing of about his new marketing scheme.

I stare out the window and see supergirl fly past, saving someone from a car accident. I watched as the family thanked her. She really was so inspirational.

I thought about girls night, and how exited i was about it. I haven't really had real friends since my childhood.

"Lena are you listening?" Edge snaps. I glared at him. I hated it when he spoke to me like i was a child.

————————————————————————

I arrived at Kara's for 8pm, Potstickers in hand as i knocked on her apartment door.

"Lena!" She greets as she pulls me into a tight hug. We rock back and forth momentarily, each of us holding eachover tight.

I was first to arrive so i helped Kara set up, pouring out the crisps into bowls. We layed pillows and blankets on the floor as extra seats and both slouched down into the couch as the others arrived.

Me, Kara, Alex, Maggie and Sam had been gossiping for hours. Sipping wine as we joked about horrible dates and uncomfortable experiences.

I look over and see Kara chucking at Sams joke, teeth bared to world as if she had nothing to lose. I loved seeing Kara smile, seeing her happy made me happy.

When Sam Alex and Maggie left it was just over midnight, I was last to leave when i felt someone grab my wrist and pull me away from the door.

"I can't let you go home like that" Jokes Kara. I raise and eyebrow at her questioningly.

"Your too drunk" she giggles "Your stumbling all over the place I can't let you walk home in that state."

"I know you are just looking out for me, and that is one of the things I love about you. But i can handle myself"

As i turn to walk out Kara grabs my wrist again.

"At least let me drive you home"

I laugh "Drive me home? your drunk too remember?"

"I'll ask supergirl to escort you home"

"Supergirl? doesn't that seem like abit overkill?" I question.

"I want you to be safe Lena. I care about you a lot"

After hearing those words, i reacted. All of a sudden i pressed my lips up against hers. I was drunk so, it didn't mean anything right?

Kara pulled away and blushed, ignoring what had happened as she pulled out her phone to text Supergirl.

"She'll meet you outside" Kara says "goodbye"

I walk out the door and hear it click behind me. I had this strange feeling in my stomach i didn't acknowledge as I entered the elevator.

I reached the ground floor and exited the building to find Supergirl, waiting for me.

"Miss Luthor" she greets, and we begin to walk home.

"I really don't need to be escorted home, I am Luthor after all, we learn to take care of ourselfs"

I really didn't need protection but Kara insisted. It's nice to have such a caring friend.

"Well Kara wants to ensure your safety. And walking home drunk at midnight is not very safe" Supergirl answers, I shrug.

"She cares a lot about you you know?" Supergirl states. "You are her best friend after all"

"And when did you and Kara Danvers become so close?" I interrogate.

"Superhero's have friends to" She states as we reach my house.

"Well thank you Supergirl"

I unlock the door and watch Supergirl fly of into the sky.

I whip my phone out and text Kara

Lena: I'm alive! Supergirl ensured that!

Kara: Glad to hear it!

Lena: Thanks again for a great night ❤️

Kara: ❤️

________________________________

Thanks for reading my first chapter!

I want their relationship in this to be realistic, so i don't want to get them in relationship to fast.

Please leave feedback on my chapters! I'd love to hear how i can improve my writing.