είκοσι-τρία {23}✅

Amora

If you told me earlier on in my life that I'd be on a journey with a thief, a mercenary, and the daughter of my guardian (who might be dead), I'd laugh in your face.

But now, it was real.

As if she were a magnet Kleio found a tavern and sent me away to find Eva with Iris. Locating Eva wasn't hard, she was blissfully browsing stalls near the port side still happy that Kleio would be accompanying us on our odyssey. Because of this blissful mood when I mentioned the news of an extra person joining us, it didn't seem to bother her.

Quickly we made our way back to the tavern to not anger Kleio further, we were then sat at a table where Kleio had already finished her 10th cup of wine and she was nowhere near stopping. I sat across from Eva and Iris sat next to me because Kleio was making too much of a fuss.

"So, nobody knows where we could find Phobie?" I began

"Who?" Iris questioned, not knowing the full details of her trip.

As nice as Eva was, she didn't want me in danger and decided to keep most things secret one being the fact that I was spartan royalty and planned to take out the queen that had control of almost half of Greece. She believed it best if Iris found things out slowly until we were sure we like to trust her. In my opinion, nothing seemed off about her, but that may have been my tendency to always assume there's good in people.

"A Spartan Polemarch," Eva explained.

"Oh, I think I may know something!"

Kleio chugs down her wine and slams it onto the table. "Speak," she demands.

"Cranky ass." The thief mumbled.

"Test my patience and you'll see more than just cranky."

"A while back I was sniffing around Delphi, anywhere near the oracle is bound to attract wealthy travellers and gossipers. Luckily for you, I overheard some weird Athenian-looking women. They were discussing a spartan polemarch and how the cult had her 'contained' somewhere." Iris explains.

"A cult? What is that?" I questioned.

"Religion extremists, you know?" Iris answered as of it were common knowledge.

"Despite her status, she lacks common sense and a lot of knowledge. You'll have to excuse her." Kleio commented.

I opened my mouth in shock at the insult Kleio got out of her drunk state.

"Glad to see you're all getting on." I never judged Eva as sarcastic, but now I was proven wrong.

"As I was saying, I was curious, so I followed them, and they had a super creepy hideout. They wore masks with a cloak, and they reside right under the oracle's temple in Delphi." Iris finished.

"I guess our next stop is Delphi," Eva stated.

"Then let's go." Kleio got to her feet, ready to rush out of the tavern.

"Wait, wait, wait, don't you think we need a plan first?" I stopped her, clearly pushing a nerve.

"I have one. We bust down their doors, slaughter every one of those Athenian dogs and take back Phobie." She shrugs about to walk off again.

"We can't do that, we need to stay low-key, I know you're used to rushing into things with your sword but you're with us now and things are different," Eva explained. Better her than me, if I were to explain she'd take my head off on the spot.

Reluctantly Kleio sat back down. "What's the plan?"

"Currently Iris knows the most, so we follow her lead," I suggested.