7. I never forget him

Beginne am Anfang

Jules smirks. It's true. Tristan is the worst fencing athlete in England history. Even a woman like her could defeat him. She accepts the gun.

Tristan holds her shoulders to fix her position. He holds her hands and lifts them up. He aims to the dummy few meters ahead of them.

"Pull the trigger, Jules," orders Tristan.

She misses it of course.

Jude chuckles. Tristan is the worst shooter among them all. Having him as a teacher won't get Jules anywhere.

Jules says, "Release my hand. Let me do it myself."

She shoots again. The shot made her falls backwards. Jude catches her in time.

"Thanks," says her.

"Be prepare for the momentum. Otherwise you could fall like this."

Daniel has just arrived. He squints his eyes when he sees Jules in Jude's arms.

He mocks, "Having fun, Jules?"

She tidies her jacket after Jude releases her.

She says, "I'm learning to shoot a gun."

"You don't need to learn it," mocks Dan.

"It's better to shoot something than playing all day long with women."

Dan smirks when he asks, "Are you jealous?"

"Nope. I just feared you would use too much strength. Broke your rod and you know... Dangling..."

Daniel's face got reddened instantly.

Foolish woman! How could she speak so openly? Does she have no shame? Well, she kept thinking she's one of us.

Dan says, "The Ladies want to spend sometimes with us. Why don't we join them? I could introduce you to young happy widows, Jules."

She looks disgusted.

She mocks, "Don't. I'm not the same level as you. I never mingle with Ladies. Giving them false hopes."

Tristan grabs Jules' arm.

He hurriedly says, "Jules has a prior engagement with me. We will go sightseeing later. Right, Jude?"

"What? Oh, err...yeah..."

Jude is never a good liar. Jules rolls her eyes. Anyone could see through Jude's lie easily. Maybe that's why she enjoys to be his friend. Jude isn't a liar. Unlike Dan. He could lie while staring intensely to your eyes.

Dan warns, "Jules, don't get too close to them. If you know what's good for you."

She wraps her hands to Jude and Tristan's shoulders.

She says, "They are my best friends. Let's go, boys. Let's see if this village has something to offer for us."

Dan grits his teeth. Someone needs to remind Jules that she is still a woman.

Their plan is cancelled because of heavy rain. They are running toward the mansion.

Jules goes back to her bedroom. That was a close one. She should be more careful with the sudden downpour. Don't want anyone to know she is a woman disguised as a man.

She has changed her clothes to dry ones. She picks up her violin and plays a sad melancholic tunes.

Dan is going to knock when he hears the sad melodies again. Rain always makes Jules blue. He just stands there listening to her music. She is such an excellent musician.

Finally the music ends. Dan knocks on the door. Jules opens it. He walks into her bedroom without showing any reluctance at all. After all they are both men in public eyes.

Jules asks, "What do you want?"

She is putting back her violin to it's case.

Daniel asks, "You really hate rain that much?"

"Huh?"

"You always look sad and lonely when it's raining."

Jules chuckles.

She mocks, "You really don't know me at all, boy."

"I'm only three years younger than you."

"It ain't about age. It's the way you behaved."

"Jules..."

She walks toward the window and stares out to the rain.

She confesses, "I'm in love with rain."

"Bullshit."

"Brat, let me finish first."

Dan is sulking.

Jules continues, "Rain falls to the Earth. Washing away my sins. Purifying my soul. Renewed me again and again."

"Stop your silly poetry, Jules."

"It's true. I used to dance in the rain when I was a lot younger. Trampling in the puddles of water happily. Mom would yell at me for making my clothes dirty."

Jules sighs.

"I still love rain. You know the day Thirteen and I got into London. It's raining too. We were penniless and got nothing to eat..."

She smiles sadly.

"I couldn't stop thinking about him. Is he well? Could he find shelter from this rain? Have he eaten yet?"

"You sounded like you love him," mocks Daniel.

She smiles a bit wider.

"Thirteen is a special someone for me."

Daniel just walks out of the bedroom without saying anything else to her. Jules shrugs her shoulders. The brat is always a hot blooded one. Nothing surprised her anymore.

Ian asks when Dan got back, "Where is Jules? You didn't ask him to dine with us?"

"He is busy. Staring the rain like an idiot."

"Yes. Jules loves raining a lot."

Ian looks uneasy when he asks, "Dan, do you think you could...you know... Don't play with women too much?"

"Why?"

"Jules said if you fooled around too much. You could accidentally break your rod. And... dangling..."

"Shit! Not you too, idiot! Jules knows nothing about it."

"Maybe he knows more from personal experiences."

Stupid Ian! Jules is a woman. Since when she is an expert about a dick? Bet she has never seen a dick before.

The heavy rain is still downpour from the sky.

What is so special about that midget? He tricked you, Jules. He taught me how to use witchcraft. You are my living amulet. The one you called a friend was nothing more than a devil. A liar.

Daniel stabs his steak as if it's that annoying midget. Ian is eating his meal in more elegant way.

---------------------------------------------
Please vote and comment :)

Anyone loves raining like Jules and I?