[ Chapter 37 - His Vow ]

Start from the beginning

I guess I have to act surprised, I didn't want to disappoint them. 

Chase opened the door and in a chorus, I heard a group of people inside scream, "Congratulations!"

Congratulations? 

For what? For finally leaving the hospital? 

I smirked at everyone inside, trying to figure out what they were congratulating me for. Maybe, they finally decided to hold me a congratulations party for passing the engineering licensure exam five years ago, they hadn't surprised me then. 

"What-" 

My mouth dropped.

CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY CANA!

 Mommy? Cana? Me? A mom?!

I suddenly felt warm hands wrap around my waist, holding onto my tummy gently. It was Ace. 

"How-" I tried to put my thoughts into words but I was still speechless. 

"You didn't take the pill, did you?" Ace managed to ask in a hushed tone. 

Pill? 

Oh, God, London. 

I recalled the last time Ace and I did it in London, I had told him I was going to use a pill. I had planned on taking it the following day but since we were too busy with Edward's escape I had forgotten to take it as well. 

My heart skipped a beat. I didn't know what to feel. Having a kid was never a part of my plans, well current plans. I stared at everyone with nothing but shock in my face. 

Anne, Tine, and Riley were happily smiling at me. Tony had a bunch of balloons in his hands in the colors pink and blue. My mom was tearing up a little, she was in front of my dad who was smiling widely. Chase had a goofy smile on his face, he had taken off his jacket, underneath he had a shirt with the statement, 'I'm an uncle!'

Everyone had looked so happy yet here I was on the verge of crying. 

Eventually, I did. 

The smiles on their faces suddenly turned into looks of concern and question. Ace managed to turn me around and face him, he cupped both my cheeks. 

"Babe? Why? Do you not want to have it? I- ," he paused, he had a look of panic in his face. I couldn't comprehend it but I knew he was starting to think gravely of the situation.  

I couldn't blame him. We only talked about kids once in London and when he had asked I said it was never apart of my plan to have kids, well not yet at that time anyway.