[ Chapter 37 - His Vow ]

The snow welcomed me on the day I was finally released.

My parents did not want to let me go until I was fully recovered so I had to stay for a total of two weeks in the hospital. They had wanted me to stay for one more week but I had been calling my dad, complaining, so they decided to let me go. On top of that, they didn't allow me to handle any sort of work, they postponed all my projects. 

Who wouldn't be mad in such a situation? 

I rolled down the car window and took a deep breath despite the cold. Chase was the one driving and Ace was at the shotgun seat, I had the back all to myself. 

"Put that down," Ace ordered. 

Both of them were so protective of me throughout the whole way, it was as if at any second, another gunner would come and shoot me but I knew nothing like that would happen again. 

"You guys are so tense," I laughed at the two of them, leaving the car window open. 

"Macklet and his guys are all behind the bars already, aren't they?" 

"Yes, but it's better to be safe than sorry," Chase managed to wink at me through the rearview mirror. He wasn't as tense as Ace.

"Don't you have any job?" I smirked. "Ace could have driven me home."

"Why little sister, do you wanna have some quality time with your baby?" he grinned and my hands immediately met my forehead. 

"It's not like that, I know you have another case going on," I rolled my eyes. 

"You don't have to hide it, babe. I know you just wanna spend time with me, alone," Ace played along. I wanted to give both of them a slam at the back but I just shrugged it off. 

When we got home I knew something was definitely up. 

The gates had been left open and the doors to the garage were close. I've lived in this mansion throughout my whole life to know that they never close the garage doors. There were also more than five car tracks on the snowy floor which was impossible since there were only four cars at home. When Ace parked the car at the front porch I had also noticed that the lights at the living room were off. 

How cute. They prepared a surprise party.  

I gave Ace a look that says, 'Really, did you guys have to prepare a surprise?'

He rubbed his head and smiled with a look that says, 'Just you wait, babe.'

I knew it was impossible for both of us to talk telepathically but I  guess we have that ability now. I held back a smile when Ace and Chase looked giddily at me, another clue. 

They were horrible at this surprise thing, that I am sure of.