sirene_: char lang HAHAHA

ventosari: kalagot! i was just gonna ask if you wanna come?

mercalista: Sama ako. Wait, bihis muna ako

sirene_: the only dumbbell i'd be carrying rn is my groupmates yawa

ventosari: goodluck, sas hahahah and see you, cal!

Naghalf bath muna ako at nagbihis. I just wore my grey terno leggings and sports bra, pinatungan ko nalang muna ng jacket. I got my duffle bag and put my extra clothes there before getting my keys and phone. I went down and drank water muna bago lumabas ng unit.

I went to the parking lot of the building and went inside my car. I placed my bag on the passenger seat and started the engine. I also adjusted the temperature of aircon dahil sobrang mainit sa loob ng car.

I connected my phone on the speaker and played my playlist from Spotify. Then I opened my IG to inform Cali that I was on my way. Sinunod ko naman imessage si Echo.

ventosari: morning, omw to the gym with Cali :)

He didn't reply, baka tulog pa. I placed my phone on the dashboard before driving away. It wasn't that far from my condo kaya nakarating ako kaagad. I waited for Cali outside the gym. She arrived not so long.

"Who's that?" I asked and looked back at the car while walking.

"Kuya," maikling sagot niya.

It was our usual gym kaya dumiretso na kami sa locker para ilagay ang bag namin. We went out and started doing our warm up. Inayos ko muna ang pagkakatali g buhok ko bago na nagsimulang tumakbo sa treadmill.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you that Chase chatted me," Cali informed me. Kumunot naman ang noo ko.

"He chatted me, too." She nodded at that.

Kumunot naman ang noo ko. "He chatted me, too."

"Sabi niya na sabihan kita na mag-reply sa chat niya." Napaismid ako. The audacity of that man!

"I didn't seen his message. Nabasa ko lang sa notif, sabi niya 'we need to talk'," I told her, shaking my head. "Wala naman kaming pag-uusapan, eh. I already told him na layuan ako."

"Really? Natauhan ka na?!" hindi makapaniwala niyang tanong, nanlalaki pa ang bilog niyang mga mata. Napairap naman ako.

"Pumunta kasi siya sa café, after the party sa resort nila Sasy. You remember?" pagsisimula ko sa kwento. She nodded. "I thought he was going to say sorry pero ang kapal, he said that he wasn't sorry for what happened," I continued and she gasped in disbelief.

I know right!

"That's why you decided to cut off your strings?" she asked, curiously. "After 4 years, Esme! Tagal mo rin naging tanga, ah!"

Kahit tumatakbo ako, I tried to reach for her arm para mahampas siya. She shrieked and tried to avoid my hand. She held on the handle of the treadmill when she almost trip. Inirapan ko siya at nagpatuloy sa pagtakbo.

"I'm sorry for calling you stupid but he cheated on you. Somehow you managed to still be friends with him." Cali shook her head. "I won't deny, my heart is so soft but if that happened to me, I could never look at the person the same way because he made me doubt myself."

I nodded, understanding her point. "I just didn't make a big deal out of it. I truly loved him, Cali. Or I thought I did. That's why I begged him to stay and I kind of regret it, you know. "

"Why?"

"Sa ganda kong 'to. Nagmakaawa ako? Nakakahiya!" I said, jokingly. Natawa naman siya dahil doon.