Twelve

Aaliyah's P.O.V

It was our last day in Rome before leaving to go back. After making my statement yesterday the media had backed off from making reports and things about Bradley's statement but continued to try and squeeze information out about our divorce. Although there was a part of me that hated Bradley, I knew I needed to remain professional and keep any comments I had aside to ensure the company's reputation wasn't impacted. Which in turn meant keeping him as a second boss to the company, even though he did nothing.

I hadn't seen Hope yet today because she made herself scarce since last night. After I kissed her it was as if she was avoiding me. I didn't know what I had done wrong but I wanted to know why she was distant. Did she not want to kiss? The fact that she kissed me the second time told me otherwise. I wasn't going to question Hope because I knew she would come around and say or do what she wanted, if she truly wanted too.

We had a reservation at my favourite restaurant tonight and I was hoping Hope would show up. I had explained the time and location to her last night and she seemed excited to go. But today feels as though it's a different story because I am yet to even glance at her. I wanted to know where she was but I restrained from prying because I knew she was young and she wanted to explore Rome, so I was going to let her.

"Back for seconds?" She asked, using her slender finger to stir the straw around in her glass.

"I don't know, am I?" I smirked, taking a seat at her table with a wine in hand.

"Isn't it a little early to be drinking?" She questioned.

"I'm old enough to drink whenever I please," I shrugged, allowing the wine to touch my lips.

"That's what I like," she smirked, leaning over the table so we were closer. I narrowed my eyes at her, "a woman who knows what she wants and needs," her voice was sultry and raspy like it was the first night I saw her. I placed my wine glass down, intertwining my fingers on the table.

"As much as I enjoyed your company Angelina, I travel back to America tomorrow,"

"Is that so?" She questioned, still within a close proximity to me. I nodded, watching the girl closely.

"Want to go out with one final bang?" She smirked, allowing her fingers to trace down my forearm to my hands. I licked my bottom lip, looking straight into her lustful eyes.

"I'm not sure," I sighed, leaning my chin on my hand.

"I see," she nodded, allowing her fingers to intertwine with mine. I watched how our hands moulded perfectly, "you know, I've always wanted to visit America," she smirked, looking up at me from her eyes.

"Is that so?" I questioned, watching her take a sip of what I assumed to be rum and coke.

"Mmm, imagine if I opened another bar over there, the amount of revenue I could create,"

"I think a business plan is always a smart move,"

"Well you're a business woman, a very good one at that," Angelina smiled, lifting her head up to meet my gaze, "Have you ever worked with a bar or are you strictly business and journalism companies?" She asked, allowing her fingers to trace up my forearm again.

"I can reach out to any clients I want if a great enough surplus is created,"

"That sounds good," she smirked, finishing off her drink in three long sips, "I need to get back to work, what are the chances of me seeing you again Miss West?" She asked, as I took a sip from my wine.

"Whatever odds you wish,"

"Here," she smirked, grabbing the pen from her ear. She pulled my hand closer and began writing numbers down on the back of my hand.