Four

Aaliyah's P.O.V

"I have the paperwork filled out, you both just need to sign it," Vanessa spoke, placing the paperwork on my desk. I looked at the divorce papers and flicked through, quickly skimming over what Vanessa filled out. I trusted her enough to know she would've filled everything out correctly.

"Can you call Benson?" I asked her, signing under my name, "Bradley won't sign the papers willingly and I have some things I'd like to file a lawsuit on,"

"Is everything okay Aaliyah?" Vanessa asked, addressing me by my first name. Whenever she addresses me this way I knew she meant business and she wanted answers. Vanessa was always professional at work but when work hours were over she was my best friend but still professional. I wasn't usually very open about my personal life. Vanessa knew of some things but didn't know the extent of Bradley and I's homelife.

"There's a lot Vanessa," I sighed, glancing out at Hope who was talking with one of the receptionist staff at her desk.

"Care to enlighten me?" She questioned, sitting down on the chair in front of me. I sighed, leaning back in my chair, crossing my leg over the other. Vanessa moved her curly auburn hair away from her face, her blue eyes searching mine for answers.

"He's not a nice man Vanessa," I started, not really knowing how to explain the situation. She furrowed her eyebrows at me, her lavender nails on her black suit sleeve as she crossed her arms, "he isn't the same Bradley I met when we were sixteen,"

"What has he done?" I looked away from her, trying to find the words to say. There was a knock on the door which brought my and Vanessa's attention there.

"Your nine o'clock interview is here," Hope spoke quietly through the door.

"Give us half an hour," I instructed Hope. She nodded, closing the door. Vanessa turned back to me, awaiting my explanation.

"Bradley can be physical towards me,"

"So he's abusive?" Vanessa clarified.

"Yes," I replied, not wanting to use that word.

"What has he done?" She asked, her tone slightly harsher.

"Nothing too extreme," I reassured her.

"It matters what he did Aaliyah," Vanessa replied sternly, "no matter what he does or the extent of it it's still classed as abuse. It must be bad if you want to file a lawsuit,"

"I want to file a lawsuit because yes he is abusive towards me and I want to look over the business agreement and have his name taken off as a partner,"

"You want Bradley out of the business?" Vanessa questioned.

"He doesn't do anything anyway which is against the agreement as it is. We agreed when embarking on this journey with the company we would split the work and shares fifty fifty, which we still do, but the work rates are easily ninety ten." I explained. Vanessa sat quietly, processing what I had announced to her.

"I'll contact Benson and organise a meeting. Do you want Bradley and yourself present?"

"Just each of us on our own but please ensure mine is first and make it for some time within the next couple of days," I instructed.

"I'll get onto it,"

"Thank you Vanessa," I nodded, standing up.

"Just know if you need someone to talk to about personal things I'm available,"

"I know," I smiled, hugging Vanessa, "feel free to go home whenever for your sons birthday preparations,"

"Kaden has most of it under wraps I just need to pick up his presents,"