One

Aaliyah's P.O.V

"Mrs Inez, please explain to us how you made such a small company, one that is globally recognised for its successful rates within the business and literature community," the interviewer smiled, his perfect white teeth reflecting the light above us.

"You see Mr Hardwood, it's just business. The small company had many qualities that the locals and state locals loved. But the catch was the business wasn't breaking the barriers. I simply looked outside the box and brought the company to its full potential," I smiled, simply bored by this hairy greyed man asking me the same repetitive questions that every interviewer asked me. It did make it easier to reply the same answer.

"In the media it stated you fired your last assistant due to misconduct within Inez Institute. Is this statement correct?"

"Sometimes you have to let some of your best workers go to grow and further develop their skills," I smiled, hiding my hatred towards my old assistant. That bitch can rot in hell.

"Have you found your new assistant?"

"Indeed I have Mr Hardwood, but that is not up for discussion," I smiled, glancing behind him to Vanessa my manager.

"Alright Mr Hardwood, Mrs Inez is a very busy woman so this interview needs to wrap up," Vanessa stepped in, nodding her head to the cameramen. The interview was turned off from the air.

"Thank you for your time Mrs Inez," Mr Hardwood smiled, reaching out for my hand.

"Pleasure is mine," I smiled, shaking his cold sweaty hand.

"Enjoy your morning," I nodded before following Vanessa out of the interview room and back towards my awaiting limo. She squirted hand disinfectant in my hands which I rubbed in thoroughly.

"I have word from your receptionist staff that Hope Ferris is within the building," Vanessa stated, my security guards joined walking beside me.

"My new assistant?" I asked, being guided out of the building. Screams and cheers were vibrating through the air. My security guards helped to keep the fans away, while Vanessa opened the door to the limo and escorted me inside.

"All of her information is in her profile with her degrees, schooling history and research on her family. We found everything we could and I have to say she sounds like she would do well here,"

"Find anything skeptical?" I asked, browsing through her profile.

"No." I nodded. I looked over her photo. She had hazel brown hair which casted beautifully with the constellations of freckles over her skin. She was very good looking with her soft yet defined features. It made me question why someone of her beauty would work behind a desk for the rest of her life. I suppose I did the same.

"You also have a missed call from Bradley. He said to call him on his lunch break,"

"Did he say why?" I sighed, handing her back the iPad.

"No." I rolled my eyes before turning my gaze out the window. Bradley and I were seen as the power couple. We had everything. The fame, the money, the stable jobs, yet what everyone didn't know was we had a horrible living life. Bradley and I clashed very often. I think the only reason we were still together was because of the name we've made for ourselves. I wanted kids, Bradley didn't. The only good thing about him was he was decent in bed. And that's beside the fact that he wasn't even a decent size. Bradley was always a little too touchy for my liking. But then again, leaving him could put my company at jeopardy. So we remained married and have been for five years. The worst five years of my life. I envied Vanessa my manager because she was happily married to her wife Kaden and had two boys aged sixteen and five and a girl aged four. They were honestly such a happy family. I always made sure to give Vanessa plenty of family time but she ensured that she spent plenty of time at home and came to work anyway. But she knew if she ever needed to go home or not show for work I wouldn't question it because I trusted her with my life and she the same with me.