Chapter 165 - Death

My day is honestly just me alternating between school, wattpad and dracotok :)

Al stepped slowly out into the Entrance hall. It was abandoned, save for two figures that were both looking particularly solemn. Ron and Hermione looked up as she approached. "What are we going to do?" Ron asked, looking fearful.

"I have a plan," Al promised, "I need Harry's invisibility cloak." She didn't want to be ambushed before she spoke to Voldemort.

"It's here," Hermione said sadly, handing her the silvery sheet, "Are you alright?" Al nodded silently and threw the cloak around her, disappearing. She saw Ron squeeze Hermione's hand and smiled weakly. There was still love in the world, even if it wasn't hers.

As she walked between the bodies that littered the grounds she thought deeply. Only through the greatest sacrifice will they succeed. Everyone she loved, everyone she cared about, was dead. But she would be with them soon. Voldemort would destroy the horcrux inside her, and she would be with them. She was sure of it.

Al had reached the edge of the forest, where swarms of dementors guarded the border. She couldn't produce a patronus, not now. Not after everything she'd lost. Something twitched in her pocket, and Al pulled out the snitch. She'd forgotten it was there - that had felt like a lifetime ago. She'd had hope then.

I open at the close.

"I'm going to die," she whispered, a single tear falling, "I'll be there soon." Something happened. The Snitch moved and opened, revealing a small black stone. She peered at it, grateful for one last bought of curiosity. She had never seen it before. She turned it over in her hands, but still there was no recognition. And then she gasped.

George was stood before her, smiling at her. He wasn't quite there though, and he seemed almost ghostly. Almost. "Al," he said softly. He wasn't alone - her family was there. To his right stood Harry and Sirius, and to his left was Remus.

"I miss you," she said, tears falling freely.

"We know," said Harry. "But you're almost there."

"I'm so proud of you, Al," Sirius said, "You've fought so bravely. And you've come so far."

"I was having our baby," Al said to George, "We were going to be a family."

"She'll be with us," George told her.

"She?" Al asked, her tears stopping now.

"She," George confirmed with his beautiful smile.

"I'm sorry Remus," Al said, "About Teddy, and Tonks...I didn't want you to die."

"I'm at peace now," Remus told her with his kind smile, "You will be too."

"Will you walk with me?" Al asked, hints of desperation in her voice. "Will you stay?"

"Until the end," Harry promised. Al nodded and set off. Through the hoard of dementors, but their cold did not douse Al. She had the protection of her loved ones. They trudged on, and although Al understood what had to happen, although she knew it must, she could not see it in her mind. Not see it like she had seen so many other deaths.

She did not recall how she had got there, but the clearing could be seen in front of her. Voldemort stood before the blazing fire, his eyes closed as though he was deep in thought. Others littered the space around him, looking apprehensive and worn-out.

Al removed Harry's invisibility cloak and stuffed it inside her robes with her wand. She would not fight. Not this time. She took a glance at Harry, George, Remus and Sirius, and dropped the stone where she stood. They were gone. She was alone. Almost.