Chapter 135 - Bill and Fleur

Always a pleasure you lovely folks :)

 It was the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding, and after a chaotic morning and a quick lunch, Al found herself zipping up the green dress that Remus had bought her, and getting ready with Hermione. "Oh that's beautiful!" Hermione said, and Al gave her a twirl, making them both giggle.

 "You ready then?" Al asked her, fastening the strap of her white sandals and grabbing her camera.

 "Yes, I just need to find..." Hermione said, looking around, before picking up a purple beaded bag, "Aha! Yes, I'm all ready." The two girls headed downstairs, excited to just have a night of enjoying themselves. Al had her wand neatly in her pocket - one of the many other things she loved about the dress. They met a very old, grumpy looking lady on the stairs.

 She looked at Hermione first. "Oh dear, is this the Muggleborn girl then? Bad posture and skinny ankles. And who are you?"

 "Al Dursley," Al replied with a smile, knowing she was about to get a grilling.

 "Oh, yes - George's girl," the woman said, "I'd ]leave him if I were you...but you do look up to the usual standard." Al had to practically shove Hermione down the stairs before she burst out laughing.

 "Bad posture and skinny ankles," Hermione mocked, making them laugh even harder. They walked over to ginger-Harry and Ron, the latter of whom looked at Hermione like she was a unicorn or something.

 "You look...great," Ron said to her. Al and Harry made eye contact and tried not to burst into laughter.

 "Always the tone of surprise," Hermione responded, smiling brightly, "Your Aunt Muriel disagrees - she says I've got bad posture and skinny ankles."

 "Oh she's like that to everyone," Fred said, coming up behind them.

 Al turned round and beamed at George, who was stood next to his twin. "Yeah, she told me- woah." Al grinned at him and gave him a quick kiss before stepping back again. She thought his eyes might pop out of his skull, and Fred just stood next to him, laughing his pants off.

 "Go on Georgie," Fred said, "What did Muriel tell you?"

 "She..er..." George stuttered, "...You look great, Al."

 "Thank you, George," she said, trying not to laugh like Fred was. "What was Muriel telling you?"

 "Oh, yeah," George said, regaining his usual composure and wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "She said I had lopsided ears."

 The six of them burst into laughter, which was interrupted when Hermione squealed, "Viktor!" Viktor Krum was striding over to them. He hadn't really changed much, except he now had a little goatee. He gave Al a little wave, before Harry showed him to his seat, leaving George and Ron scowling.

 "Oh wipe that look off your face," she told George, "We were friends - we battled dragons, remember? That applies to you too," she told Ron, before Fred shooed them away to find their seats. "I can't sit on the front!" Al protested when George took her by the hand and sat her next to him.

 "You're family now!" he hissed at her with a grin, pointing at her left hand, "Remember?"

 "Oh alright then," she said, sitting herself on the end. Just as she did, Fleur began making her way down the aisle, holding onto her Pa's arm. In Al's opinion, she looked the most beautiful she'd ever been, which was saying quite a lot because Al had seen her at the Yule Ball. Mrs Weasley and Madame Delacour were both crying throughout the ceremony, and George didn't once let go of her hand. It was beautiful, and when it was over they applauded while a dance floor formed in the middle. Bill and Fleur, stepped out into the middle, shortly followed by Mr Weasley and Madame Delacour, and Mrs Weasley and Monsieur Delacour.

 "Shall we?" George said, offering his hand.

 Al grinned, following him onto the dance floor and taking his arm like she had at the Yule Ball. "You hate dancing," she pointed out quietly, while more couples stepped onto the dance floor. Including Fred and Lee Jordan, who seemed to enjoy taking the mickey out of George and Al quite a lot.

 "Not when it's with you," he said quietly, spinning her around.

 "Somebody wants to get lucky tonight," Al joked.

 "Maybe," George replied, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

 "George!" she exclaimed, making them both lapse into fits of giggles. "Oh, is that Remus and Tonks? I wanted to go and say hi."

 "I'll get us a table," George called as she hurried off. As she approached, she noticed that Tonks was beaming - practically glowing - while Remus looked very grumpy. Almost as if he'd taken up Mad-Eye's position.

 "Hello, you two," Al said, giving them both a hug.

 "Love the dress," Tonks said with a wink.

 "Yes, you look very beautiful," Remus told her, only producing a faint smile. Al eyed the pumpkin juice in Tonks's hand. Ah.

 "Is that Charlie Weasley?" Tonks asked, rushing off to find Charlie near where Hagrid was.

 "I believe congratulations are in order," Al said quietly to Remus, who took a sip of firewhiskey and maintained his scowl.

 "I don't know what you're talking about," he said bitterly.

 "Tonks is pregnant," Al said, raising her eyebrows. "How long have you known me? I'm not silly."

 "How did you-?"

 "Maybe if you stopped scowling it wouldn't be so obvious," Al said, feeling like she was telling him off.

 "I can't help it," he sighed, "It's just-"

 "I'm a bit jealous to be honest," Al said casually.

 "Don't you dare!" Remus said, "You're too young!"

 "I meant of the baby," Al said calmly, and Remus returned to his frown, "You'd make a much better Pa than mine." Remus didn't respond. "You're loving, gentle, calm - most of the time. You were a great teacher. You'll be a great Pa."

 Remus sighed, "Thanks, Al." George pulled her off for another dance, and they drank their way through quite a bit of champagne. Al took loads of pictures with everyone, and George insisted on doing a mock photo shoot for her, Hermione, Ginny and Gabrielle, much to their entertainment. She was in the middle of eating a bit of wedding cake, when a lynx patronus crashed through the marquee ceiling. Several of the dancers moved away from it, and Kingsley Shacklebolt's voice spoke.

 "The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."