Chapter: Finally

Monday

"So," Jacob thinks, "is Derek not your friend anymore?"

I sigh, "No."

Claire rolls her eyes and leans back to the chair. "Are you kidding me? So why?"

I bite an apple and shrug. "He doesn't like Newton. I don't want them to keep fighting everytime they see each other and well he is changing."

"How?" Jacob fixes his glasses.

"He is popular again," Claire answers him. "You don't notice him not really talking to any of us since the party that this past weekend?"

Jacob says no. "How can he just not talk to us all of a sudden?"

...

Newton is waiting for me after school. He is leaning agaisnt the wall outside.

"How was your day?" He smiles.

"Okay thanks for asking," I answer. We begin to walk to his car.

"Did Derek try to talk to you?"

"No," I am sad inside because of that. He didn't even say hi to me in class. I was too afraid to look at him.

"Do you want to talk to him?" Newton asks as he opens the passenger door for me. I look at him, "he seems to be enjoying himself. I don't want to bother him." I enter the car and Newton drives me to his house.

"Thanks for coming," he says, "my mom wants to meet you since the party."

"Well, I don't mind, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea,"

"She knows. I know," he says.

"Can I use your phone? I need to remind my auntie," I say.

"Sure," he gets his phone from the front pocket and hands it over.

I dial Auntie and leave a voice mail saying I am with Newton.

DEREK POINT OF VIEW

She won't talk to me.

She completely is ignoring me. She didn't talk to me in class. I should have asked her to go with me during lunch time but she didn't seem interested. Claire and Jacob are in the same boat as Leslie. They won't talk to me.

"Baby," Florence stops my thoughts. I look at her pretty face. "Yeah?"

"We are at your house already," she smiles, "can i step in?"

I look out the window and nod. We walk in my house. Chu comes in running and almost tackles me down. She barks once and begins to lick my hand. "Hey girl," I chuckle.

"Aww, she is still with you," Florence smiles. She pets Chu's head.

"Chu! Come here!" Lu screams. She comes in running and looks at us. "Oh hi."

"What is going on?" I ask.

"She ate plants!" She says. "Bad dog!"

Chu groans and looks down. "It's fine Lu."

"Fine. You tell your mom. So what do I do for snack?"

"It's fine," Florence says.

"Okay." Lu gets Chu and they walk out.

"She doesn't like me still huh?" Florence asks me. We walk to my room. "Nah, she just thinks its weird how we are back together."

Florence sits on the bed. "Alright. So what's going on with you and Leslie?"

"What do you mean?"

"She hasn't talked to you right?"

I sit next to her. "No."

"Why?"

"Nothing bad,"

Should I tell her?

"Tell me, maybe I can help,"

"No, just that she is with Newton now,"

"And?"

"I don't like him for her,"

Tell her Derek!

"Totally,  now that I think about it, they don't make a good couple like we do. We are alright and awesome,"

Man, what do I do? I have the girl of my dreams, friends, and now people want me to be their president again. I want things like they used to.

Something licks my neck and kisses it. I see Florence kissing my neck and chin. She cups my face and pushes me towards her. We kiss.

Her lips know how to move and make me feel good. She starts to make cute noises as my hand goes down her bottom.

I shouldn't be worrying. Leslie clearly likes Newton.  Our kiss was nothing but hormones. She won't talk to me so maybe we are done. I should move right? ...

Florence lays asleep. The blanket covers her bottom only. Her breasts are somewhat covered by her arms. She is laying on her side looking at me.

I get off of bed and put on my underwear. I get my cane and walk towards the window.

"You are stupid," Claire says.

Shit! I jump and Claire is standing there by the door.

I quickly walk towards her and push jer out. I close the door. "What the hell are you doing here?"

She crosses her arms, "i wanted to talk to you. But I see Leslie was right. You choose popularity and sex over friendship and fun."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She pokes my chest hard. "You have always wanted to fit in, to be the star player, to be with the popular kids."

"So? Everyone does!"

"I don't!" She yells. "i just want to be happy and accepted by the people I want to care for and make happy."

The door opens, "who the hell is yelling?" Florence asks.

I turn around, "Nothing."

"And here is the skank who brainwashed you," Claire says.

"Hey!" I yell. "Don't insult my girlfriend. Get out."

"Fine. Push the people who truly care about you again. Bye." Claire walks away.

"What is her problem?" Florence asks. I get in my room. "Nothing. Ignore her."

"What was she talking about?"

"I-I choosed you over Leslie," I finally say it. "I want you. Only you Florence."

"I don't get it,"

"I kissed Leslie but it wasn't anything. Please,  I'm sorry. I swear I won't do anything like that again. I love you. I do."

....

A week later

"Derek!" Florence yells. I look around the crowd and see her waving at me. It is a pep rally. I smile and wave at her.

She is part of the senior group dancing.

The song plays and they put a show.

I am surrounded by my old friends. They cheer on with me and we have a good time. I feel happy. I feel like myself again like my old self.

This is what I wanted for a year now. Finally. But as we walk out, Florence and I, hand in hand, walk pass Leslie's secret room. I wonder if she is there, skipping the pep rally again like we used to. I touch the wall and there is nothing. No door at all. It is gone.

My heart stops. Is Leslie gone forever?