Chapter: Holding Hands Is a Friend Thing..Right?

Days Later:

I get my cane and walk out of class. It is finally Friday once again. I meet up with Leslie in the bus stop.

"You sure i can go to your house?" she asks. "I don't think your mom likes me."

I chuckle, "It's fine."

Lu soon comes and we head to my house. Thankfully Stan is not here, he is with the security guard girlfriend.

"Don't lock door!" Lu yells as she goes to the kitchen. I roll my eyes. Sure, I will definately want to do something with Leslie.

"Wow, nice room," Leslie says. She puts her backpack down and takes off the big gray jacket off. She has a big white t-shirt with long shorts reaching to her knees with white shoes and her usual messy bun.

"So, do you want to watch a movie? Play video games?" I ask.

Leslie turns to me, "A movie seems nice."

I close the door and tell Leslie to sit on my bed.

"Your bed?"she asks.

I nod and look for a movie on the internet. My TV is plugged to my mini laptop.

"But it's your bed," she says.

I look at her and she is awkarwdly just standing next to my bed. "Yes it's in my room so it's my bed, why you question it?"

She shrugs, "I-I just never been in a boy's room before."

"We are friends, so it's cool," I say. I finally find a good comedy and play it. I put my cane agaisnt the bed and walk towards Leslie. I get her hand and we walk to the front of the bed and sit.

"there," I say, "you didn't die right?"

She blushes, "Sorry, I'm stupid, heh."

I get my hand back, "It's cool, just freak out when a boy takes you to  a dark creepy room."

Leslie chuckles, "Yeah okay."

We see the movie. Leslie laughs and laughs for almost everything. She is so giggly. The movie ends and I turn off the tv. "So, have you and Florence been hanging out?" I ask.

Leslie nods, "Yeah, well, just at school. But I might get invited to her party!"

"Cool,"

"So why did you guys break up?" Leslie asks. "Well, if I may know."

"We-I just didn't want to be with her anymore," I say. Of course, it's a big lie.

"Why?"

"I just didn't feel like it," I answer.

"Why do I get the sense that you are lying?"

I look at her. "Well, believe what you want."

"Don't get upset, I mean, I think you are lying to yourself. You might told yourself you don't want to be with her, but why do I get the sense that you still love her?"

"I think she is attractive," I say, "nothing more."

Leslie sighs, "Okay. I won't ask about her again, but if you want to tell me on your time, just call me."

I nod. "Yeah."

Lu knocks on the door, "dinner is ready."

We go downstairs and I see my mom setting the table. "Hey," I say.

"Hello Derek," Mom smiles. She sees Leslie standing next to me. "Hi Mrs. Long."

"Oh hello," Mom says, "You staying for dinner?"