Chapter: Leslie

Next day:

Lu and I  pick up Leslie so we can go to the mall to shop for new clothes and eat lunch. I am feeling a bit nervous after what Stan told me last night. What if she thinks I do like her a girl? Does she even like me that way?

"We here," Lu says. She parks the car in a handicap spot. She gets out and I open my door. I step out and wait for Leslie to go around the car. She fixes her black skirt which reaches her knees.

"you okay?" I ask.

She looks at me and smiles, "yeah."

We walk into the mall and look around which store to go into.

"Well, how about we go get my auntie's present and then we go find you some nice shoes?" Leslie asks.

"Sure," I lightly smile. We walk into a jewelry store.

"Hi, anything I can help you with?" a brown skin woman asks Leslie.

We look down at the glass into the pretty necklaces and bracelets. "I want a necklace for my auntie, something that says how important she is to me."

"I got the piece for you," the sales lady smiles. She takes out a golden necklace with an infinity symbol as a charm. "Your love will always be with her forever."

"Wow, it is pretty," Leslie smiles. She touches the infinity symbol. "How much is it?"

"60 dollars miss,"

"Darn," Leslie whispers under her breath. "Okay, I take it."

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, just no shoes for me, but it's okay," she lightly smiles. The sales lady gives Leslie a gift bag and Leslie gives her the money.

"Let's go shop for you now," Leslie smiles. We go to an only men's clothing store. Leslie jogs towards the jeans section. "Oh this are pretty," she says as she is holding a pair of dark blue jeans.

"Sure," I chuckle. We get different kinds of jeans: light and dark jeans, a pair of black ones, white pair, and even a pair of red skinny jeans. Leslie seems more happy about this. It is like I am the Ken doll she had when she was small.

"Okay, now, we need a nice shirt for a date," she walks over the suits area. "Maybe a tie or bow?"

"Leslie, I am not going on a date any time soon," I say.

"You never know," she shrugs.

I follow her lead and I pay. We have like five bags of clothes only for me. Lu takes them all back to the car and we go find Leslie's new clothes.

"I choose," I smirk at her. "You basically got all the clothes for me, so now I will do the same." I take her hand and we walk into a boutique store.

"How about a dress? A jacket that actually fits you, and a nice pair of shoes?" I ask her as we are walking in.

"Dress?" she asks. "No, I don't like to wear them at least not regularly."

I spot a nice simple blue dress. I ask a girl with blonde hair to get it for me. "Here you go, is your girlfriend going to try it?" she asks.

"Hahaha! What? No," Leslie quicky responds. "We are shopping for a make over!"

The girl giggles, "Sorry, but awesome! Well I am Pearl and let's go try it out." She gets Leslie's hand and they walk into the dressing room.

I am left there frozen. She thought she was my girlfriend? Oh snap, snap, Stan is right! That stupid Stan is right, if I keep on holding her hand and being alone with her, more people are going to think that way and that includes Leslie. Even though she laughed and denied that I could have been her boyfriend, she might still like me.