Magic Show

Chapter 39: Magic Show

I let out a laugh, "A magic show done by a human?"

Melody laughed, "We usually take a mediocre performer from the human world and play pranks on him during the act. But that's'--"

I gasped, "That sounds cruel."

"We are demons." Harry replied as we grabbed popcorn and headed into the purple tent.

There in the center stood a tall greying man in a black suit with a red sash tied around his waist. He held his typical black and white wand to his mouth and tapped on it.

"Is this thing working?" He asked and as he turned to face the crowd behind him, I saw a microphone tapped to the side of this mouth.

Alistair lead us to a big red booth where the others sat. There was an empty seat in the back next to Kai and a seat in the front next to Zephyr. I chose the seat next to Zephyr because I hate sitting behind people but that didn't stop Kai from growling softly. I could feel his burrowing holes into the ack of my head. It took everything not to turn around, so instead I slumped down into my chair.

"I must admit I have never been to this town. But you look like a beautiful assortment of people." The magic man said, "I am the wizard, Ruffalo" Ruffalo descended into a bow, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Let's start with something simple. " Ruffalo says as he grabs a little demon boy from the audience. "See this coin?" The boy nodded as Ruffalo rolled his hands. When he finished the coin was no longer in his hands.

"Where did it go?" The little boy says as he giggled. He was up to something and I leaned closer to get a look at what he was going to do.

"Check behind your ear." Ruffalo said with a smile.

The little boy pulled out the coin and gasped. Then he pulled out another coin. Then another. At his feet, a small pile of silver coins began to form. The magician opened his mouth in shock causing the audience to laugh.

"My, my is that where you keep your coins from mommy?" The magician said with a surprised laugh, but the boy held up one finger. As he opened his mouth hundreds if not more coins began to spill from his mouth.

"I guess you had one expensive dinner little boy." Ruffalo stared at the pile of coins in bewilderment.

The little boy bowed and bounced back to his seat causing the audience to laugh. The audience began to clap. In that time Ruffalo regained his composure, as he walked over to the section to where I was sitting.

He tapped his wand against his palm and two roses popped out, "A rose for you and a rose for you." He handed Alvina and I each a beautiful rose.

Alvina began to move her fingers ever so softly and suddenly Ruffalo's wand was engulfed in roses. He began to pick each one careful not to prick himself against the thorns and handed them out. But he was not quick enough because roots began to form at the other end. The wand jumped out of his hand and began to walk away.

Ruffalo began to chase after the wand causing me to giggle a little bit. Though the audience where trying to gasp for air. When he realized he was the center of the joke. He straightened up and clapped his hands to get the audience attention.

"Well that was certainly interesting." He said, "For my next trick I will make a person levitate." Ruffalo dragged a table to the center of the arena. "Do I have any volunteers?"