Introductions

Chapter 10: Introductions

            From a distance it looked like a one-story house with a beautiful wooden deck wrapped around it. The bright moon caused the house to shine like it was made with thousands of stars.

            "Don't tell me you are getting emotional over a house. That's so weird" Kai's tone sounded condescending.

            I whipped around to look at him, "I am not!"

            "You are such a couple." Alvina shook her head and tsked.

            I said the first thing that popped into my head, "Gross!"

            "Yeah who would want to date that." He sounded almost angry at the thought, and my guts twisted a little inside.

            I guess I didn't eat enough, maybe they have food inside.

            Alvina looked back and forth between us, "Whatever. Let's go inside, you should meet Peter and Mama Fra."

            I nodded, not know what she was talking about, "Let's go." I pivoted on my heel and stalked to the door. I don't know why I was getting all worked up for.

            Realizing I didn't have a key, I turned back around. Everyone was where I left them.  Alvina was shaking her head with a smirk, Kai was glowering, Zephyr was grinning, and Clementine looked as confused as I was.

            "Didn't you want me to meet someone? Let's go, I'm getting cold." I said, though that was a lie. I don't get cold easily.

            "Sure, you are." Alvina walked over to the door with a lanyard in hand, "This is an official Nox Knight lanyard, you will get yours tomorrow."

            She touched the lanyard to the door, and it opened. Just like that, no electronics or anything.

            "It's magic you know." Alvina said with a laugh.

            "I know." I spluttered. I don't understand why that shocked me so much, I knew about it already. I guess I am so use to people telling me magic doesn't exist, I mean people fall in love all the time. It's always described as magical, so how can someone argue that magic doesn't exist.

            "Good, you looked a little surprised." Alvina laughed some more as she pushed open the door and yelled, "Mama Fra, Peter we are home and we have a guest!"

            "You guys left her veil, I told Peter to go bring it to you." A woman called from the shadows of the house.

            Alvina entered the dark house, I followed in after. As soon as I walked through the threshold the room was exploding with light. From outside, it looked empty but now inside a sense of warmth filled me. Nothing like the house back home, this place felt real. Not like photo out of magazine, this place has personality. Down to the multicolored rug that didn't match the couch, or each wall painted a different color. One wall was a dark blue, one was a deep pink, another was a light orange and the other was all glass. Is there a reason, for the glass walls?  I thought demons hated sunlight, or was that just vampires? Each wall had a different door, the place looked so lively. In the center was a woman who looked no older than mid-thirties, but I knew that was not the case.

            Her eyes glowed pinked, she looked shorter than Clementine. Her hair was tied in a sleek bun and her hands where clasped together, "Hi, my name is Saffra, or Mama Fra." She smiled at me.

            "Hello." I waved back, just then a man emerged from the orange wall's door.

            "Oh Twyla, this is my mate Peter." The man's dark blue eyes reminded me of the person who is currently staring holes in the back of my neck. It's like his eyes where leaving sparks on the back of my neck, and it was making me super uncomfortable.