Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I finally get off the floor and head back to the front where I'm sure Jamie is waiting for me. He is sitting at the table alone and once again I feel bad for getting him in this mess. "Hey." I say annoucing myself. I sit next to him and he give me a few ideas on what to do next but I knew each plan he stated wouldn't work. This was my life now. 

"Sorry Jamie." I say. I open my mouth and show him my fangs that wouldn't go away. "I can't run away from this."

"Are you ready?" I turn around and notice Zillah walking into the main room. She is clean of blood and her hair is pulled up into a high ponytail. I swallow, she could make a simple white t-shirt and a pair jeans look so good. She grab her leather jacket off one of the chairs throwing it on her.

"Are you taking us home?"

"Yes." She replies.

The three of us head to her car and Jamie gawks at what he sees. He couldn't stop asking her how did she get her hands on a mustang classic from the old days. Zillah doesn't reply. She just crank up the classic and drives off. "My father search and search for one of these." Jamie says in the back seat. "After the war, only a few was found. Fifty years later only five was left in the world. This is a very rare item."

Zillah roll her eyes and I couldn't help but giggle to myself. I watch as she switch the gears and I listen  to the engine roar. God. I had never been much of a fan toward cars but this special thing was sexy and only meant for her to drive.

"Would you teach me to drive a stick?" It slip out of my mouth before I can stop myself. Sticks wasn't common in the new world. Only automatic, but I was suddenly interested.

Jamie instantly becomes silent.

Zillah chuckles, she glances my way, "You want to learn?" She asks before running her finger up the gear in a weird but sexy way. I nod my head up and down and watch her switch gears again. The car roars and it's music to my ears.

"Yes."

"Maybe."

"Really?" I ask looking hopeful.

Zillah chuckles again and the rest of the drive is silent.

Once we arrive to Jamie house. He tells Zillah 'thanks' and I get out the car walking him towards his metal gates. 

"What was that?" He questions before I could say anything.

"What was what?"

"You and demon chick flirting!"

My eyes widen. I had never witness anger on Jamie face before. Especially towards me. I rub up and down my arms as I shiver. The night wind attacking us.

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Oh wow." Jamie hisses lowly. "You're totally into her."

"It's complicated." I explain. "We have a past."

"A past?" Jamie sneers. "You never told me that you had a demon chick as a friend when you was younger."

"Stop calling her that." I retort. I then breathe trying to calm myself down. "Zillah and I use to be friends okay. I can't tell you now but I will."

"It seems our entire friendship revolved around secrets."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't." Jamie scowls. "I will see you tomorrow."

I sigh and watch Jamie walk through the tall gates and up the hill. I slowly walk back to the car and slide into the passenger side. The ride towards my house is silent. Thoughts consuming my brain.