Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I groan when I feel someone tapping my shoulder waking me from my slumber. I open my eyes before rubbing them. "We're almost there." Margret tells me. I yawn in my hand and sit up fully. I look around and notice we are at a gas station. My eyebrow arch wondering why we made a stop. "We had to refuel." Margret answers my unspoken question.

I nod my head and my eyes begin to search for Zillah. I wanted to finish our conversation. I didn't want her thinking I loved her any less then I loved her other side. I bite my lower lip and Margret smirks before shaking her head.

"She's in the store." She tells me. Her face then becomes stoic. "She seem upset."

"Thanks." I reply my eyebrows furrow in worry. I hop out of the jeep and hurry inside the store searching around for Zillah. I walk around for a few minutes noticing she is nowhere to be found. I make my way near the bathroom and then pause when I hear something beating against the wall. I hurry because I didn't want it to gain anyone attention. "Zillah?" I knock on the door but I could only hear growling and shuffling. I open the door and shut it behind me.

Zillah growls on her hands and knees as her eyes flash from red to black. I fall to my knees and pull her into my lap. "Relax." I tell her. "Zillah, relax." I whisper. Her body stiffens as she squeeze her fist and hiss which shows off her deadly fangs. I hated seeing her this way. I could see the pain on her face. She squeezes my thigh and I hiss before running my fingers through her hair. Finally after a few more minutes the transformation is complete and Zillah looks up at me her black orbs searching for answers.

"Where am I?" She questions me.

"Washington." I smile sheepishly.

"The Capitol." She sneer. I could see her fangs extending. "Why the hell are we in Washington, Astra? You know it is illegal for me to be here."

"I know." I stand with her and watch as she pace back and forth. "There is so much to explain." I try again. Zillah push me into the wall forcefully in anger.

"Explain now." She order. I push her off of me but she grab my wrist and pin them above my head. I wince in pain as her nails dig into my skin. "Tell me!"

Someone then knocks on the door gaining her attention. "Is everything okay in there?"

"Let me go." I hiss lowly. "You're drawing attention."

"My eyes is enough attention to get me thrown in jail!" She growls.

I push her away from me and rub my wrist before going to my bag and pulling out a pair of contacts. "We can talk in the car." Zillah sneers but quickly put the blue contacts into her eyes. I open the door and smile sheepishly. "Sorry."

"What is going on in here?" The old lady questions looking around. Zillah comes to the door and grab my waist possessively. "My girlfriend can sometimes get rough when we argue." She winks. I push her away and hiss, "I'm not your girlfriend." Before walking away.

"See what I mean." Zillah chuckles at the old lady before walking behind me. When we step foot out of the store Zillah grab my arm making me hiss in pain. I snatch away from her and Zillah sneers, "You're drawing attention." She glance at the store before running her fingers through my hair tenderly. I roll my eyes and play along. We hug shortly before she is kissing me softly on the lips. I try my best not to flinch away. It was so fake. Zillah glance back at the store and once she is satisfied the old lady isn't calling the police she drag me towards the jeep.

Once Lilth notice us she come around the jeep and Zillah ask her eyes raging in fury even with the calm blue contacts, "Why in the hell are we in the Capitol?"