Magic and other issues (Tom)

Start from the beginning

“They were… different.” Genie just followed, being totally lost in the coffee.

“Different?! How?” Sam again asked while sitting herself on sofa.

“You really want to know?” He pounded on the coffee table with his eyes fixed on his coffee mug, making Sam roll eyes.

“Yeah, why not? Where’s today’s newspaper?” Sam said with her hands shuffling the newspaper’s heap on the coffee table.

“You want newspaper?”

“Mhm… yeah!?” She spoke as she kept tossing and flipping the newspapers to find the newspaper.

Genie just smiled to himself and snapped his fingers and within seconds the coffee table was heaped-up with dozens of newspaper, making Samantha flinch back in shock.

“Wha… What did you do? How did you…” Sam just jumped back in shock to see her table full of newspapers.

“You said you wanted newspapers.” He smiled sincerely at her.

Samantha looked at him surprised and then at the table full of newspapers. For a moment she had forgotten that he had magical powers. She rubbed her face in frustration and groaned, making Genie get confused by her behavior.

“Did I do something wrong?” He asked while raising an eyebrow, making her look at him.

“Umm… no… actually, I don’t read Spanish and Bulgarian… oh and here, Chinese?” She showed him the newspapers while pointing out the newspapers sarcastically.

“I can make you read them?” with that he was about to snap his finger but Sam just held his hand, stopping him from doing another foolish magic.

“No. Don’t. Umm, Listen…”

“Genie!” he completed her sentences.

“Yes, listen, Genie. Last night, before I bumped into you, I lost my job. Actually I didn’t lose it but I just left that job. So, I was thinking maybe you could give me some time alone? Like some alone time to think what I can do to keep my life running?”

Genie opened his mouth to say something….

“No, not magic!”

He stood looking at her, blinking his big blue eyes at her while she sat on sofa. She bit her nails while Genie just stood there and looked at her with all the innocence one can have. Minutes passed, Samantha still sat there holding her head in her hands while Genie meanwhile played with the hem of his night suit.

“Okay, I have nothing. My life is over, practically. I’m married to a gay; I dated a scum, lost my job. Nothing can get worse than this…”

Before she could continue her rant about her misery, the door bell rang making Genie jump in fear.

“What was that?” He quickly asked. His widened and fearful face expression made Sam chuckle.

“That’s door bell.” She walked towards the door and he followed her, still walked an inch behind her. Finally his fear ended when she opened the door.

“Milo, where were you?”

Genie looked at Sam as she got down bending her knees to match the level of the kid that was standing on the door holding a newspaper.

“My cycle broke. I’m sorry I’m late, here’s your newspaper.”

“Aww! Thank you so much, Milo!” Sam cooed and hugged the kid, making Genie raise an eyebrow. He suspiciously looked at the kid and Sam. He saw her ruffling his hair, pinching his cheeks at his cuteness while the kid just blushed and smiled at her.

“Master, I’m getting very bizarre vibes from this kid.” After a couple of seconds, Genie got down and whispered to Sam.

“What?” Sam turned her head to face Genie with a confused expression.

“Yea, strange feelings… Something like…” He snapped his fingers and next Sam knew the kid has turned to a dog!

She flinched back and fell on her bum to see a honey brown beagle standing on her porch, her eyes widened as she looked at the dog and then at Genie who looked amused to see the dog.

Sam looked petrified while the dog barked and Genie chuckled.

“What the heck have I gotten myself into?” She thought.

Heyyyy! As I told you earlier that there will be slow updates for this book. I was supposed to update it last Sunday but due to some reason I couldn’t. sorry, if you are angry with me. I really never wish to upset my readers.

Comment and Vote!