Author's Note + Extras

Hello,

Thank you for making it to the end of this book. I first wrote a version of this story when I was 12, but this version is from when I was 15. I was obsessed with twins and I always wanted another version of myself who was prettier and stronger and smarter. 

Most of the time, my writing is rubbish. I hate it. 

But you guys have really helped me to improve my confidence. You have been so supportive and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are wonderful and amazing and your writing is so inspiring. I am so grateful for every single one of you. 

Thank you so much,

Eve. 

Here are some extras from the back of the manuscript: 

The Jouta

The Devil's Book: This text depicts the terms and powers associated with the Unnaturals (Halfbloods) as collected and written by Silvan Nox. Cited by Nox is the unproven theory of the Halfblood's true species. (This citation has been ripped out.)

Half-States

Halfblood – A generous term given to describe their Unnatural state of differing powers and abilities.

Half-life – Usually a human but can be another creature that is possessed of Halfblood DNA yet has not been converted and is therefore decaying. The decay is unstoppable and kills humans easily.

Unstable – A creature that has been semi-converted into a Halfblood without the injection of Halfblood DNA. Their powers are unchecked and without proper treatment, they will deteriorate into insanity. The White Chaos currently known as Wolfie is a prime example.

Halves – A Halfblood's supposed true form.

Halvers – A term given to specially bred creatures that slay Halfbloods.

Half-Energies

Dark Matter – The highest and most common energy level for Halfbloods. It is crafted from shards of darkness, children of a different time and space.

Light Matter – Holds Angelic properties, but extremely potent when used to harm. White and golden light, which can be thrown and shaped to dispel enemies.

Electryke – The control of lighting-like powers and manipulation of the world around. It is dependent on the composition of the user's surrounds and the weather.

Acidic – Burning and corroding enemies. Exhibited by most Halfbloods on one level or another.

Dronwind – Ice-like wind Magik which can be manipulated in all conditions. Rarely generated by Halfbloods anymore.

Malorick – Silent, reflective defence energy.

Sunstrick Nitrax – Manipulation of time, energy, speed and the sun's rays and the moon's glow to plunge the word into darkness or eternal light. It is very rare and can chaos when used.

Rime-grasp – The Halfblood discipline of controlling your opponent's muscles and internal organs. However, this has been noted to have no effect on the brain or the heart.

Infinite – As it appears. The ability to wield all of the above. Only select Halfbloods have ever achieved this.

Half-Weapons

Tristans – Twin blades which are semi-transparent, manifesting from the particles in the air. One is wielded by the White Chaos, the other by Alexarian Jacoa.

The Ashdon – Little is known about this blade only that it can pass from Halfblood to Halfblood. It is said to have been once used by the first Halfblood to walk the Earth.

Nort – A blade made from the teeth of an unknown entity wielded by Cain.

Suth – A blade constructed from the dying energy of a star wielded by Abel.

Song Of Fire – A blade with musical capabilities gifted to the Halfblood Fifer by her Creator, The White Chaos.

Tetrosh – A time altering trinket, once used by the Halfbloods Time and Clockwork.

The Wintertread – A vessel once pirated by the White Chaos herself. Now at the bottom of the Irish Sea.

Lux – Many Bronze Age blades melded into one and used by the Halfblood Clockwork. It is enhanced with cosmic strength and has been used by the White Chaos to cut holes in several of the Thirteen Worlds.

Halfirr Terminology

Chainlinks – Creatures that are primitive to Halfirr. They are lumbering shapes of glass and flesh, with gnarled teeth. While they are slow, they do make up for this in strength.

Tarcak Stems – Plants filled with parasitic Magik. Primitive to Halfirr.

Spiron – Winged creatures resembling nothing that has been encountered in any world before. Primitive to Halfirr.

Halferian – Informally known as Half-speak, the tongue spoken by the Unnaturals. Some say it is older than the Thirteen Worlds.